Iconic rifles and calibre.

A friend of mine a Husky 98 in 9.3x62, another classic. I've got a thing for those old Huskies too. Have you taken any animals wiyh yours Muir?

AB

Not the 9.3, but I have taken deer with my 1944 Husqvarna 648 in 8x57 using cast bullets. It is one of my favorite rifles.~Muir

I have a 1971 Anschutz 1416 that still shoots straight as a die, think i gave £60 for it about four years ago :p
I also have a BSA light weight in .270, i got it from a very old friend not so much through choice but mostly because he wanted me to have it because he was giving up stalking, having now used it i've become quite fond of it, with an ATEC mod and a duralyt scope it weighs next to nothing and is very well balanced

Tikkat3

Nice rifles Brithunter, Your 9.3 is the twin of mine. My husky was built in 37,I have a mid 70's vintage weaver 2.5 power scope on mine. One of my never sell/trade rifles, a true classic.

AB

Whilst I cannot do a Martini Rook rifle there is this one:-

Muscat_Martini_LHS.jpg

Muscat_Martini_Action_RHS.jpg

Muscat_Marking.jpg

Muscat_Martini_Knox_form.jpg

in 303. This one is one of those shipped off for sale recently.

My enfield #4 mk 1 and the old voere semi auto 22. Both function flawlessly and I have absolute confidence in both.

I was not suggesting you buy it. It's possible it might be heading back to Oman. It seems they were made for the Sultan of Oman to equip his native forces. This one is of Belgian manufacture but others were made in England. I bought it as it has a similar look to some of those used by the Boers in the 2nd Boer war.

Well I have a winchester Model 62, 23 inch Long barrel that was my fathers. It is now old and loose but shoots as good as the day it was made in the 1930's. Many friends who have used it have wanted to buy it.

I have two Parker Hale 303 Customs No4 and No1 that I will not part with. The No4 is built on a savage action,
I can only describe it as a tack driver. I have not used the No1 as I want to get the head space checked.

All I would buy now would be a Parker Pale in 243.

I am happy that my son feels the same way as I do about those 3 rifles, so wen I fall of the perch they are his
to enjoy.

The best of the festive season to all, Regards, Old Neilo.

As a Brit, I don't think you can get any more iconic than a Lee Enfield SMLE MkIII. Being brought up on a steady diet of Victor, Warlord comics and Commando, War Picture Library and Battle Picture Library comic books that rifle has been in my consciousness since I was about 8 years old.

As a Brit, I don't think you can get any more iconic than a Lee Enfield SMLE MkIII. Being brought up on a steady diet of Victor, Warlord comics and Commando, War Picture Library and Battle Picture Library comic books that rifle has been in my consciousness since I was about 8 years old.

Very True Harry

I think we must have read the same comics.

ATB

Tahr

Here you go gents:-

15091551.jpg

15091497.jpg

15091474.jpg

10165819.jpg

10165850.jpg

10165972.jpg

A pure English classic and in 303 of course.

10165994.jpg

This of course has classic stalking lines.

What about the Hotspur and Eagle then?

I have to say that too many of the rifles and cartridges mentioned are to me only some one's personal preferences. They are not what I think of as iconic. However the Lee speed in .303 or SMLE, or the classic Manlicher and a few others definately come well into my definition of iconic.

Thank you but sadly it's one of the three sent off for sale. Even has a perfect bore as it was re-barreled just before I acquired it many moons ago. I shot some jacketed but then switch to cast lead through it. Storage costs plus the coast of getting stuff like my hand loading powder collected has meant that some had had to go so it seem Plods have gotten their way of reducing what I own.

This in the third one that went to the sale room:-

14055494.jpg

14051593.jpg

.256" Rigby Mannlicher.

Back