Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mink.

Had a wander through a local nature reserve recently.
    Lucky enough to get a photo of this Mink.
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Shame that was the only shot you got at it

I love nature reserves, it gives all our pests somewhere to live!

My dads terrier pet caught and killed one!! Just on a walk by a river!! God they stink

Only thing I saw on todays walk about was a mink, it didn't survive the v-max
    They really are a pain on a fishery, bloody do gooders let them out from a local mink farm years ago, I doubt we will ever be rid of them.

Very nice photos.

I have removed several hundreds of these little beasties from the countryside for conservation bodies, you can normally smell if you have caught one long before you can see the trap. Oh how I miss having to bath in dettol to try and remove the smell after dispatching over 5 a day for a week

There used to be lads round here John,but a very long and heavy session over a good few months has definitely seen a huge dip in their numbers,although I watched one last summer take Moorhen chicks off a nest opposite me and it didn't take any notice of me lobbing bricks across the river at it,they care not for Humans.I was also night fishing the same area a couple of years earlier and on reaching behind me for a ball of groundbait I dapped my hand straight onto a very large and very angry Mink,and as you well know John i am not what you might describe as athletic,but I broke some local records that night ..... Height/Length and definitely speed!

Lots of these around Pickmere and Budworth mere near Northwich. Fishing in Budworth has never been the same since these arrived a number of years ago.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks