Thread: Finally got my act together

Talking Finally got my act together

Hi everyone,

Just writing to introduce myself, Si, living in Cardiff.

Born and raised on the Staffordshire / Shropshire border and been involved in game shooting since I was little. I've had shotguns for over 15 years, but only got introduced to stalking 3 years ago by my girlfriend who bought me a couple of days on the hinds in N Scotland and now we're both hooked. Subsequently we've been on a few bought days up in Scotland, but would like to get more experience and involvement.

I had been meaning to get a FAC for years, but following my SGC nearing the end of its validity recently, I finally decided to apply for a coterminous SGC and FAC. I was successful in that and now I have a number of slots to fill (.17HMR, .22LR, .243 and .270 - the .270 has just been filled by a shiny new Sako 85 Synth/St).... I didn't realise how expensive rifle shooting can be or the plethora of choices of equipment!! Nothing is ever straightforward is it?...

Any way, I'll be watching the site eagerly for any tips, bargains and stalking opportunities that come up, but if anyone knows of good / useful people to and meet and get to know in the South Wales, Staffordshire and Shropshire areas, please let me know - N Scotland is a bl**dy long way away and I could do with some opportunties locally!

I hope you've all had a great Christmas.

Welcome to the site!

Lots of opportunities close to you come up on here but don't neglect the South West! Some great roe, red and as I recently found some great Sika stalking to be had!!

Enjoy stalking and remember as you progress into why you got into it! Too many people forget.

About time you signed up to this forum mate!

See you Friday for the peasants!

I've got that spare scope packed (sort of) ready for next week!

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses