A hypothetical question

Chris Rob

I've entered two competitions featured in Sporting Rifle to win a Howa or RPA rifle of the calibre of your choice. The question is; with already owning a .17HMR, a .22-250 & a 6.5x55 what other calibre would I go for if I won?

I've got an idea of what I would like if I was lucky enough to win but would be interested in others opinions.

The Howa is available in a host of calibres but the RPA on offer is limited to four, .22-250, .243 Win, .260 Rem & .308 Winchester.

Over to you fellas!

Chris

Chris,

Bit obvious really.

Take the 22-250 on a one for one variation, end up with a better rifle and sell your old one, quids in!

Stan

Hi Chris, Quite simple.
All you need to do is win one of the Safari prizes on offer in the 'Sporting Rifle'. Buy what the article recomends, i.e. a 7x57, to take out to Africa and when back home you can shoot pigs with it.

Did the same Chris,
After shooting Stone's 3006 I fancy one of those. As far the RPA I think I would go for a like for like against my t3 varmint.
I would love a thumbhole stock as I can't use my trigger finger due to knackerd tendons( severed them at work 10years ago).
So a 30-06 and a 243 would do nicely thank you very much.

Jonathon

Me too, and as i wont be paying for the rifle theres no need to be sensible......... 300 win mag thankyou please!

But as has been said for you

.22-250 straight swap for the RPA

30-06 or .308 for the Howa

Dan

Me too, and as i wont be paying for the rifle theres no need to be sensible......... 300 win mag thankyou please!

Dan

I think you should go for the RPA in 308

Be content with what youve already got and auction the RPA for SD members at five pounds a ticket and donate the lot to H4H

Thats what id do honest :D

Terry

Mossy-dog said:

Dan

Yep I agree Dan although swapping my T3 Hunter would be hard as I've found its been a very reliable & accurate tool but that RPA is a cracker. I do fancy a 30-06 Howa. :D

ATB
Chris

Back