Packing in Stalking for a while.

Thar

OK gents I have been thinking about this for a month or so, while I have been trying to balance doing two hobbies I love at the same time, but in reality one is going to have to be dropped. I know some of my stalking friends including a number on here must be thinking that I am p!ssed off with them or something, because when they have rang me to go after the hinds/does of late I am always running etc:oops:.

My other hobby as a lot will know is Fell Running, in the summer of 2013 I have decided to attempt the Bob Graham Round, this is considered one of the biggest challenges in Hill running. The BG comprises of running somewhere around 66 miles, (if you get the navigation right) over 42 of the biggest mountains and hills in the Lake District in one day, encountering somewhere around 27,000ft of climbing. Last year 136 people registered to do the event, only 72 completed it, for comparison around 35,000 people completed the London Marathon.

To do the training will require total dedication, so for 6months the rifles will have to take a back seat while I gives this 100%, still I will be back out for the red stags after the summer:cool:. I will be trying to raise money for charity on this challenge. I don’t normally do running events for charity as I would feel a bit embarrassed taking money off people to run a marathon or half marathon because in truth I wouldn’t be out of my comfort zone in these races, it would just be a matter of how fast I could get round. But the “Bob” is different, I know I will suffer and there is every chance I wouldn’t make it round.

So sorry to my stalking friends, I know some of you might find this difficult to understand but this requires my total dedication and I don’t want to fail so then find myself having to have another go later on in the year after more time spent training instead of stalking.

Oh I will be still around after dark to see what is happening on here.:D

ATB

Tahr.

Last edited:
Best of luck with BG. And I hope your map reading is good otherwise you will be covering a few more miles

atb

Amdy

OK gents I have been thinking about this for a month or so, while I have been trying to balance doing two hobbies I love at the same time, but in reality one is going to have to be dropped. I know some of my stalking friends including a number on here must be thinking that I am p!ssed off with them or something, because when they have rang me to go after the hinds/does of late I am always running etc:oops:.

My other hobby as a lot will know is Fell Running, in the summer of 2013 I have decided to attempt the Bob Graham Round, this is considered one of the biggest challenges in Hill running. The BG comprises of running somewhere around 66 miles, (if you get the navigation right) over 42 of the biggest mountains and hills in the Lake District in one day, encountering somewhere around 27,000ft of climbing. Last year 136 people registered to do the event, only 72 completed it, for comparison around 35,000 people completed the London Marathon.

To do the training will require total dedication, so for 6months the rifles will have to take a back seat while I gives this 100%, still I will be back out for the red stags after the summer:cool:. I will be trying to raise money for charity on this challenge. I don’t normally do running events for charity as I would feel a bit embarrassed taking money off people to run a marathon or half marathon because in truth I wouldn’t be out of my comfort zone in these races, it would just be a matter of how fast I could get round. But the “Bob” is different, I know I will suffer and there is every chance I wouldn’t make it round.

So sorry to my stalking friends, I know some of you might find this difficult to understand but this requires my total dedication and I don’t want to fail so then find myself having to have another go later on in the year after more time spent training instead of stalking.

Oh I will be still around after dark to see what is happening on here.:D

ATB

Tahr.

Wow....... Im speachless...

Nutty

Go for it Kevin
you may only get one good chance , so make the most of it and good luck on getting there

66 MILES! 27000 FT? In one day? You're crazy!
that's pretty much like running up Mt.Everest from sea level!
Which charity do you intend to raise the money for? and how can members of this site sponsor you?

Kevin

Full of admiration for you - let us know how to sponsor you in your madcap exploit ;)

willie_gunn
+1 all the best I'm sure if your mad enough to give up stalking for six months your mad enough to complete the challenge! If you put a postman or UPS outfit on my Hanoverian could chase you the full 66 miles in about four minutes!! Good luck with it....
Kind regards, Jez

Tahr,

Good luck with your BGR.

I got round in 2003 and know what you mean about concentrating on one thing at a time.

I am only running twice a week now and doing more stalking than ever

I like to think both compliment each other!

I went anticlockwise with a 7 am start in late May and it worked for me.

I am sure I could dig out a schedule if you want one.

Anyway good luck and stay healthy.

ATB
Robin

I don’t normally do running events for charity as I would feel a bit embarrassed taking money off people to run a marathon or half marathon because in truth I wouldn’t be out of my comfort zone in these races, it would just be a matter of how fast I could get round.
Classic! :cool:

Let me know what your charity is Kevin i am sure the Pros and semi Pros will Back you on this one good luck. May i ask whats wrong with doing a bit of training and stalking there are some tough areas in Scotland and some mountains that make the lakes look like a school boy with acne.Run to the ground and to the top of the hills and then stalk down.:oops:

You've got the dedication to succeed in your personal challange Kev. All the best Gaz

Back