Third Eye Tactical "SPARTAN" moderator.

Has anyone info on the Third Eye Tactical "SPARTAN" moderator i have a .308 nd need a moderator. The Spartan has all the damentions slim nd compact but what is it really like on sound reduction? info on db reduction or sound comparison with other moderators such as the jet-Z .30 cal compact would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance for any info provided ;)

Google Mae moderators, jsm arms import to uk, they are great for sound reductions and similar dimensions if a bit heavier to the spartan.

I have one that I use on my 6.5 and 7mm rm. I have just ordered another one for my 308 , so I am happy with the performance. I have no way of comparing with other mods but they do reduce the noise to non painful levels ( even with the big 7) significantly and are light and compact. I guess there is a trade off with everything between size, weight, price and noise attenuation. For me I don't really mind if the mod is not the quietest as I would rather have a smaller and lighter unit. You pay your money and take your choice I guess.

Got one on each of my rifles fromm 22-250 to 7mmWSM. Unbeatable, great service and BRITISH!.

hi ive got a spartan (off the end) and like it alot, had a w p8 and the spartan is much better, always get good comments when at the range, and the company is first rate when dealing with them,(i lost tool for stripping it) sent me a new one foc.. although i'd prefer not to use a mod. sb

Hi , i had a Sparton for a while , good build quality, lighter than my Pes but sound reduction not as good as my Pes so sold it.

had one on my .223 , beautifully engineered but not the best noise reduction if being honest, now got an ASE, looks ugly nest to the spartan but better noise reduction

I use one with a .30 baffle stack on my 222 and 25-06. As others have said its not the quietest mod on the market but is light, well made and easy to strip and clean. At first you could only get 22 and 30 baffles but he now does a wider range so you can get them specific to the rifle your putting it on which helps with noise reduction. When mine eventually needs replacing I will be getting another spartan but with 2 baffle stacks.

Third eye tactical moderator. Pics and Info

the red bits in the photo's have been re designed but everything else is the same.

Rick

Last edited:
Spot on piece of kit. Some mods are quieter, some are smaller and some are lighter but in my opinion none offer a balance of all three like the Spartan. The Baffles are Allu' but have a stainless insert so do not gas cut.
I am more than happy with mine.
Customer service is second to none. May i suggest you call them for a chat, they are very helpfull. The lads there are both Stalkers too.

Yorkie.

Well I went nd checked up on the MAE sound suppressor (PES T12) they look super sleek and seem to do a good job also on noise reduction 20 - 24 db reduction thats pretty damn good IMO for such a sleek design!! I think the T12 just jumped the que for my nxt mod :) Thanking you deerstalker .308 for put me on to MAE cheers mate ;)

i have both of the above & TBH the pes is much quieter as already stated, its also considerably heavier which is fine for varmint work but even though i use mine fitted on a 20inch barrel i still find it a little hefty!
the spartan you can hardly notice on the end of my other rifle & the thing i really like about it is that if you decide to change your rifle or purchase another that has a different thread on it.. you can just order another insert for it for around £60 & swap them over when needed... 1 mod for loads of rifles
you can't do that with a pes!

Back