whats your protocol for dealing with Threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootsman

Just looking for a bit of advice. I have been threatened with a guy cause Iam going out with his ex Girlfriend. This was solved quite easily when I didnt have rifles. I was looking for some advice what to do. I was thinking of going to the police to keep myself right. Shooting is everything to me and my life would be crap without it. I dont want to look like a idiot and wasting their time. Any advice welcome. I know what my old options were and I dont want to risk it cheers Hootsman

If it was me i'd get something on record with the police. It would be easy for him to make unfounded accusations against you so in my mind might be better to warn the police of his attitude towards you. If you wait till after he accuses you of something it might just look as if you're trying to cover yourself.

It would depend on a few things mate how searious are you about his ex .Will he follow through with the threats. Did she leave him for you , Is he an FAC holder also ??? Never been a fan of going to the cops its not my way!!

Palmer -mike I think I will report it in the morning hes still sending messages. He thinks he scares me lol. cheers Hootsman

Never been a fan aswell 6pointer. They were finished over a year ago he doesnt have a fac but is a bit of a horticulturalist if you get my meaning. The guys off his head with Paranoia I think cheers Hootsman

If he was anything special he wouldn't be sending you messages he'd come and knock on your door... As said let the police know to cover your own back...

Regards, Jez

Let the Cops know,as they always seem to be on the side of the person who instigates the complaint. And as already stated, if they've got some history on the incident, it will not harm yor position if it goes any further.
Kev.

do not reply to any texts emails facebook twitter phonecall etc they can be easy used against you in this day and age

Aye Jez Iam going to the cops in the morning. Ive not done 1 thing to the guy. shocking and theres no excuse for it cheers Hootsman

Me personally would go to the police and report it to keep yourself in the clear, the reason i say this is i was in an accident with an irate driver and should have stopped but didnt as i wanted to keep out of the way and go to work anyway to cut a long story short i have spent a year in and out of court and would never put myself in a situation again like that all it takes is a phone call before either the tables are turned on yourself or you are put in a situation where you have to do something . I have never been intimidated by anyone but after my incident would always ring the police get it logged before anything happens, atb wayne

Let the guy threatening you make the first move then give your best to sort him out...

As a fac holder you have exactly the same rights as non fac holders when it comes to defending yourself..

Seems like you werent shy in the old days so doubt youve lost the perseverance.

When i look at threads like this i think about living with a black eye having done my best or living with the humiliation that eats a man to the bone having been walked all over.

I love being a fac holder and love my sport but ill always love my family more!!!

Heres to a peacefull 2013 for us all

Terry

This guys a idiot pheasant sniper you cant even talk to the guy. I will go to the cops in the morning as hes given me more stuff as we speak. nightmare Cheers Hootsman

how is he sending the threatening messages? I assume by text, email, phone or other form of media? If so he is committing an offence under telecommunications legislation, aside from him committing the common law crime of threats. For that to occur the perpetrator must be in a position to carry out the threat being made, and the victim must genuinely perceive the threats to be genuine and be placed in a state of fear or alarm. In other words if the threat he issues is suggesting he will drop a nuclear bomb on your house, well we all know that threat cannot be carried out. If however he says he is going to stab you and he is known to be violent then that threat could be perceived as a serious one.

Retain all messages he sends you, show them to the police as he is committing an offence. As you are the complainer and it is not a serious crime, the police should proceed as you ask, so either ask for it to be dealt with formally and make a complaint, provide a statement and be prepared to go to court. Or ask them to simply warn him to stop or it will be dealt with formally.

The ski mask and 2x2 works i am told. But if you feel that you could loose it go to the cops its the safest way.

PS Jamross that was not a conceivable threat i have no SKI mask :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back