Thread: calling roe

calling roe

a lot of people seem to call roe many using a buttalo call but my question is is there anywhere on the net which shows you how to call roe. i dont use a call myself but would like to know how to do it to add another string to my bow. i asked a local gun shop owner to show me how to use one which he had in the shop and i would buy it but he refused it saying i could buy it and learn for myself so he can feck off. i have called a buck once buy my voice basicaly mimicing his own alarm call when he spotted me and it deffinatly called him closer but i dont know if this was a fluke any advice will be greatly recived. Daniel

If your in wilts drop me a pm with your number and I'll show you.

You'll need you call tho'

try you tube lots of videos on there you will get an idea from them
    or if you drop me a PM with an email address i will sent the original instructions for the Buttolo-Blatter if you can get them translated
    or click on this
    all the best ash

It wasnt the gunshop in Westbury was it? If so he has just gone bust from what people have told me!

Is this any help?

thanks chaps this is what i needed i just wanted to have half an idea of how to use them before i parted with my cash after watching them in use on you tube (thanks ash) i can see that they work really well and i will give one a go i think and see what i can do with it

i was very lucky , i had a danish client show me how to call roe bucks , and Ive never failed since using the buttolo call .

but unfortunately i only manage to call bucks for clients , illbe buggered if i can call them for myself !