component avalabilty

sir-lamp-alot

i dont know about anyone else but the avalability of reloading componants is getting beyond a joke i have been trying to get hold of some 120gr horandy soft point in .308 and they seem to be like gold dust with the closset i can find being 125gr noslers at £51.98 per 100 and now they tell me that primers are the next thing that will be in short supplie where will it all stop.

It will get worse before it gets better. At the Cabelas chain in the US they opened a brand new umpty-thousand square foot retail extravaganza near my home and there isn't a primer to be had. I have been trying to warn my UK shooting bretheren for some time now. I have about 50K primers in storage and I cast my own bullets for my practice. It's how I've gotten by here, closer to the source.~Muir

I have found a good way of getting what you re bullets, but it relies on knowing a friendly RFD.

Talk to your RDF and ask them to Fax their RFD certficate to Midway UK

Please order for expanding heads on midway, and pay for it online. get order sent to RFD

Collect...

Is working for me brilliantly...

Cheers

Chops

Im really struggling to find 6.5mm 140grn sierra gamekings around here (notts/ derby border) theve been on order since xmas at 1 shop.

Im really struggling to find 6.5mm 140grn sierra gamekings around here (notts/ derby border) they've been on order since xmas at 1 shop.

Maybe it is just that your UK importers are not ordering due to the low Sterling rate.
Germany does not seem to have any problems with reloading bits. Even CCI BR primers are the same price as usual.
Some bits you could order and get through the mail.

edi

some people say its that all the ammo is going to iraq which to be honest i cant really belive and others say its due to importers not stockpiling due to them not wanting money tied up in stock which i belive is closer to the truth

It is true about the manufacturers fullfilling military orders as a priority.

The reason you might be struggling to get 120 grn Hornady is because they don't make such a bullet. In fact no one makes a 120 grn .30 cal bullet.

Just thought I would mention it in case you are looking for something that doesn't exist.

Cheers

sean c said:
Im really struggling to find 6.5mm 140grn sierra gamekings around here (notts/ derby border) they've been on order since xmas at 1 shop.

You might what to try Livens in burton on trent, I'm off to visit them this pm to pick up a couple of hundred sierra Gamekings for my 30cal and .243.

i dont know about anyone else but the avalability of reloading componants is getting beyond a joke i have been trying to get hold of some 120gr horandy soft point in .308 and they seem to be like gold dust with the closset i can find being 125gr noslers at £51.98 per 100 and now they tell me that primers are the next thing that will be in short supplie where will it all stop.
Hello sir-lamp-alot Ive used many bullets but hvent come across HORANDY lol:rofl:

Try reloading solutions. They got a shipment in late last year. I'd had 120gr Prohunters on order since March.

Also, Myles at MBR sporting (google) may have some. He's come through for me in the past.

Last edited:

Have you tried Forest Lodge at Lincoln - they had some in a couple of weeks ago. I might be going across in a few weeks time and have 6,5 on my ticket. If i nb do you want me to pick some up for you. or you could ring and see if they will post to your RFD

Back