Thread: What scope and/or rings for Tikka T3

What scope and/or rings for Tikka T3

Hi guys, I recently got a Tikka T3 Lite .243 without a scope but with Leupold low mount rings (it was fitted with a Schmidt and Bender 6x42). My original plan was to get a Schmidt and Bender 8x56 but I'm pretty sure this wont fit the current mounts as they're too low. Now I have the dilemma of do I get a 6x42 and use the current mounts and save money by not buying new mounts or buy the scope I preferred and get new mounts. Also what mounts do people recommend? I'm mainly going to be doing woodland stalking, high seat work and some foxing, most shooting will be under 200m.Thanks in advance and Happy New Year

Go for the scope you like bud, if you don't you'll not be happy till you do get it. If its Leupold bases you have it'll only cost you another 30 for a set of high rings to suit the 8x56. There's lots of nice mounts out there optilocks are good as they don't mark your scope tube as much as some of the others.

Pretty sound advice and convinced me to go for the 8x56, only problem now is Uttings are out of stock and as they are offering 12 months interest free its too good to look elsewhere!

100 less from Scotland

Get an interest free crdit card if you need to spread the money

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

yeah if ou want the 8 x 56 go for it otherwise you will regret it

Optilocks and the s and b 8 x 56 you won't regret it
    Tab tom

good advice Bigboab29

done same as nun lots of years ago made the move to S&B never looked back, optilock more sound advice just changed rings used same base's
    paul o'