Discount WIPEOUT

My order is on the way

thanks

the point I was making is not highlighted here

I understand everybody has got make a living here but

£11plus vat plus shipping is very different than £27 including vat

i am no scientist but that's more markup than most goods from the USA

Last edited:
If you are getting it posted legitimately with the HazMat fees there is no way the price will be anywhere near that.

we have to buy in quantity from HPS to get the bulk price and our cost is more like £9 a bottle including vat and postage, so how is anyone being ripped off?

Unfortunately there is a cost associated with getting stuff over from the USA especially anything considered Hazardous, the cost per shipment is between $250 and $500, so before you add actual shipping cost and VAT and duty you have to recoup this.

and god forbid you might be allowed to make a small profit for getting off your arse and organising all the paperwork and putting up the money.

There is a big difference in cost between running a legitimate business, and peddling stuff to your mates out of your front room Colin.

Last edited:
Wipeout cost in USA

I am not peddling STUFF from nobody's front room

i am buying for my own use

thank you

I wasnt accusing you of back door sales, merely pointing out that you will be lucky to get the shipment direct from MW USA,

I buy mine from HPS Direct, at full price, so am a little envious.

But wont lose sleep :D

there is no way to enter a non US address on Midway USA website
how did you get them posted here?

Wipeout from USA

Listen folks

i am not trying to knock anybody

i am all for free enterprise

i converse regularly with a shooter on 24 hour campfire for the past few years and I asked politely

since it is not a reatricted item he offered to order and post it to me

i have fully intention to pay custom duties and handling charges

Savings is still significant around 50%

all above board and nothing shady and I have no intention of making a buck from it

6mm,
Well done for getting it into the UK,
I was the original importer from the US and sold the business to John @ HPS.
Whoever sent your Wipeout from the US, if they did not declare on the export the nature of the material then they are in serious breech of shipping laws.
I have the original MSDS which has to be sent with every consignment. I doubt that whoever sent you the can will have that.I would also like to point out that if it is shipped "air" without an MSDS or Hazmat you could find yourself in serious trouble.So to say it is not a restricted item is not true.

We were not allowed to ship air because of the nature of the materials, so the only way was over the pond.I would also like to point out that for it to be viable we had to spend a min of $5000 plus shipping,plus vat,plus import duty, plus all the paperwork that had to be done so that it didn't sit on the docks as it did on one occasion when I forgot to add an upto date MSDS sheet.
Then I had to transport it to all the dealers..

So let us hope that your consignment doesn't leak especially on a plane!

regards
Griff

Last edited:
I would also like to point out, that your £11.00 plus shipping plus import duty, plus vat, plus the Royal Mail £8.00 handling charge, will bring not far off the the £27.00 you quote.Difference is?
The difference is you didn't break any laws to get it.

Penalties for non‐compliance:
o
Penalties for non‐compliance with the rules are significant and could result in the following fines: Up to $250,000 and up to a year jail sentence for individuals; up to $500,000 per incident for organizations. The major carriers are trained and should be available to help departments in ensuring hazardous materials shipments are properly packaged, marked, labeled and have appropriate shipping papers.

I am so glad that the cost is laid bare for all and there are 380 or more viewings to date

We are very very grateful for you and HPS to bring these products to us with virtually no profit margins at all

Perhaps you should register as a charity that way we will all benefit

Do you think you will qualify?

Eternally grateful

Last edited:
£27.00 versus import £11.00

£11.00 + import duty @ 4% = £11.44 + Vat @ 20% = £13.72 + £8.00 Royal Mail handling charge = £21.72 + shipping whatever the cost, don't think theres going to be lot in it..
I would imagine that the shippings costs would sky rocket once the contents were declared and probably make it un-economical to ship.

Come on guys
Do you think we are going to fall for this one
"There is not a lot in it"

One does not see other chemical products outside the shooting community being charged this kind of mark up

Only shooters are willing to accept this quietly

let everyone make up their own mind

Put all the facts on line

its a free market

Back