What scope 3030

Hulse

Hi all

im purchasing a marlin 3030 and was wondering what scope to fit ?

I have a Simons wtc 1.5-5x20 and a Pentax game king 1.75-5x30

was wondering what people had used ?

Hi all

im purchasing a marlin 3030 and was wondering what scope to fit ?

I have a Simons wtc 1.5-5x20 and a Pentax game king 1.75-5x30

was wondering what people had used ?

Either would be fine. I have a 2.5X Weaver I use for woodland work. Nice.~Muir

Have had three different on mine, e o tec worked really well on close shots , bushnell 1.5-4.5x20 lovely scope but i am not into variables, and a 4x32 m8 Leopold which is what I have settled with, as it works well in the woods, does not upset balance on gun for freehand shooting, and is good when at the range for a little distance shooting.

Any of the above would be ideal. I,ve got an old Redfield 1 3/4 to 5 power thats been on a lot of brush guns and still works great. I own five weaver fixed 2 1/2 and 3 powers, one of my favourite scopes, decent optics( for their age) and tough as nails. There isn't as many fixed low power scopes to choose from as there once was but the Leopold fixed 2 1/2 ( old or new version) are a really good scope.I'm not to familiar with Simmons glass but the pentax would be an excellent choice.
AB

Save the Simmons for something with less recoil. The optics on the Simmons are very clear but you may find the reticule will fail after a while. I had one and it was replaced under warranty, I also know of two others in immediate locality failing. Apparently there is a design failing with this scope hence it has been replaced in the Simmons line with a sope of slightly different design. These scopes were very popular with gallery rifle shooters because of their compactness and clarity but unfortunately some (not all) of them are not very durable. Have a look on the net and you will find a fair bit written about them. The Pentax on the other hand seems to have a very good reputation.

Back