Thread: Bringsel method

Bringsel method

Hi been reading a lot about getting a dog for tracking deer while I have had time off work and just wondered if anyone used the "Bringsel" method, did they find it hard to teach?

Regards David

can't wait for some replies on this thread, it's something I've read about but never seen !!

My mate has a bitch trained to brigsel, awesome to watch it was his first g w p and has made a good job of training her. Try searching kragborg for training vids

Kragborg do videos in English as well as Danish!

If u go on the kennal trudvang site and click on 'articles' then 'dogs for deer', it highlights the very basics in training the bringsel, (quite a way down) reallly teaching the 'hold' command. Chris has been using the bringsel for quite a while with his dogs

That section also showed some quite intresting info about the danish Swichss hounds assoc and there tracking returns/records and % sucess rates

Thanks countrryboy that is where I read about it. It's a good read that artical.

Can anyone point me to the kragborg videos in English?

My dog does the Bringsel method . . . although its usually a mouth full of blood and pins it comes back with . . . .or maybe grouse feathers eh Countryboy ????

U really should feed it more often so it brings back the whole bird next time