sight-rite question

croc

hi guys
i posted some question on the sight -rite bore sight to which 75 have looked at but no answers .am stund that no one as answered to any of my questions. BUT this was move from general form for some reason ,as these are not cheap i was looking for some advise before spending my hard cash on somethink that is crap.:oops:

Croc I am not sure what piece of kit you are talking about but generally I would say save your money. Are you sure you are using the correct name for this device? The subject of bore sighting devices has been discussed several times before and opinion has varied considerably. Do a search for past dicussions and form your own opinion.

Here you go Mike: Cabela's: Sight-Rite Laser Boresighting System

I've got no experience of using anything like this. Only time I used a bore sighting device it had to be stuffed in the muzzle and you looked at some sort of grid thing! Surely any laser light will travel in a perfectly straight line (black holes, gravitational warp and e=mc2 aside!) and a bullet travels along a curved trajectory? Personally I bore-sight using the Mk1 eyeball and a white block of wood 100 ms across the field, out the back. If you've got hard cash to play with I'd spend it on more ammunition for zeroing....

I use the mark 1 eyeball myself also Chris. Much more reliable and dirt cheap.
Most people that I have come across that have used these laser devices haven't stuck with them. Some seem to use much harsher words about them so my initial thoughts are save your money. A coliminator can be quite useful though to confirm settings.

thanks

Maybe because it belongs in Equipment and Accessories? ;)

hi guys
thanks for the comments you have made my mind up NOT to spend my hard cash on these bore sights .as i was going to buy two of these for £80 ,its cheaper to go to the range and fire 20 shots at £10 a go ( pri-p) bullits .thanks again for
you comments and time .
croc:lol:

You don't need to shoot 20 shots to sight in if you bore sight properly as recently explained on another posting. It's simple and can normally be achieved with only three or four shots with care, which is the same number of shots that you will need anyway if these devices actualy worked.

bore -sight

You don't need to shoot 20 shots to sight in if you bore sight properly as recently explained on another posting. It's simple and can normally be achieved with only three or four shots with care, which is the same number of shots that you will need anyway if these devices actualy worked.

hi 8x57 & csl
thanks for replys am going to save my money ,as i have a bore -sight and a cleaning rest already :oops: i should use want i have in stead of going all hi tec .i will take it all to work on sunday and line it up as i have 12 hours to do so.as with all #my new scopes once i have lined it up ,i put it back on the bore -sighter and mark it down just in case i knock the rifle
its so easy to do .

8x57
i was only saying 20 shots as its so cheap to shoot pri-p bullets and its still cheaper than a laser -sight
many thanks for all the comments .it just shows every body as something to give to someone ,it just shows that four guys can set up a site like this and the infro it brings is so great everbody is still learning after years of shooting.
croc

Back