Lost/stolen Hanoverian bitch Thetford area

That would be great! Thanks!!

Hi
I have called in at the Kennels, the lady told me the dog owner already called in there when the dog was lost, and is still in contact with them by mail, and if they hear anything they shall let them know.

If I can do anything else as I live so close feel free to ask.

Not to alarm you but a few years ago my lab went missing and was located at the dog pound some 25 miles away. When we picked up I asked what the process was and the lady said if the dog was not claimed in 7 days it would be rehomed or worse! Even if we turned up as legitimate owners after 7 days they were not obliged to tell us where it had been rehomed and we would effectively lose the dog!

This doesn't sound right, the dog is classed in law as property and as such belongs to its owner. If it is lost it still remains the owners property and anyone else finding and keeping commits the offence of theft by funding if it can be shown they somehow have personal gain from what they have found. ie dogs home taking a donation from "new owners"
An exception would be where an insurance company has paid out on the loss, in effect the insurance company has then bought the property from you and they become the lawful owners.
Wingy
I,agree. I can see the legal side of it but once the dog is gone ,in truth you are gonna struggle to get it back without a lot of hassle. The pound was adamant about not telling you where it had gone. Awful, I know.

Some friends of mine have a shoot in the forest at Lynford - I've asked them to keep an eye out. Good luck.

Andrew

I,agree. I can see the legal side of it but once the dog is gone ,in truth you are gonna struggle to get it back without a lot of hassle. The pound was adamant about not telling you where it had gone. Awful, I know.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, if it was my dog and I found out that the animal shelter had re homed it. They would be going to retrieve it and reuniting me with it !
I would not be taking any bull**** excuses
Wingy

Back