.30cal variation

bewsher500

how many of you have put in for a ".30" variation and then chosen the derivative after a similar variation has been granted?

I am considering getting a larger calibre (ideally a .300 rather than a 308 or 30-06!)
although I have not yet found either one that suits or a specific calibre

I am asking for a ".30" on that basis

seems they give out ".22rf" variations so I am turning that doctrine to my advantage...fingers crossed

I asked West Yorks for a .30cal and was turned down flat. They demanded a Cartridge name but oddly had no problem giving me .22RF. I hope your Licensing dept are more accomodating.

Yorkie.

I have had a .30Cal slot on my fac and also had a .22 center fire slot a couple of years ago.
I now have 2 .308w in my toy cupboard at the moment but when i sell the Blr i will apply again for a .30"cal slot on a 1 for 1.

Bob

Same as Yorkie. I had .30 cal down and they said NO. I raged on about the whole calibre V cartridge thing and they just sat there. When I had vented my spleen, they just said 'Which one?' So I blurted 300 win mag!!!! Just the biggest thing I could think of at the time. Fine they said. Done.

There's just no figuring them sometimes.

I applied for the same. FLO was not happy to grant on the basis of not having the ability to grant ammo for .30 cal. Ammo is case specific not just caliber specific. So I agreed he had a fair point and made the decision to go for .308. I'm sure if I wanted to change to say a 3006 there would be no problem as Warwickshire seem very helpful so long as you are straight with them and have a genuine reason.

Tried this with 6mm but was asked which one,said not sure yet,he said well when your ready let me know and will alter the paper work:-| i just told him 243:doh:
dave
p.s my 17rem is just listed as 17cf

I asked for and was granted a 300 wsm. When my ticket came back with the authorisation it had .30 calibre. Made me wonder if i could choose something else, just the same when they granted my .308, it came back with .30 again but realising the ammo section on the cert has calibre/cartridge specefics so it was not really feasible. I think the bottom line is they want to know exactly the calibre/cartridge before they grant.

don't ask don't get
will see what comes back

not sure how a box of .308 bullets differs from a box of .30-06 bullets though!?

I bought a box of 60gr Vmax on the authority for ".22 ammo" (at the time I only had .22lr and .22WMR)

The same happened to me a few years ago i asked for .30 calibre, Strathclyde were on the phone to me saying that i would have to put .308 30-06 etc.

On the same subject as above, Strathclyde put 300 mag for my variation not .30 cal. this still gave me the option as to which 300 mag i wished to purchase.

ATB

Tam

hi for what its worth
when i wished a one for one replacement .243 slot i also requested a 6mil, the fac tean told me i could only have one or other,so i called them and told the its the same just as 7.62/308 or 223/556 ! 0r ss109/224 head the reasion i wished both was some rfd's would not sell me 6mil heads exp as it did not say 6mil exp ?? only .243 in short i have now both to obtian .243/6mil rifle and exp heads and ammo. when i got my FaC back i went to shop and he then told me on looking at my ticket i could have a 6ppc or a .243 rifle ! my chice was still for a .243 . i wish it was on the bullet/barrel die size and not the cartrage, as we no 300wm is still a 308 head, 308/ 30 .cal has a wide range of rilfes in stable. even the 45acp pistol can use a cut down .30 cal case .
paul o' :british:
best wishes to all 2013

I asked for a .300 cal and got it, with which i bought a 300WSM, at the time i aslo had 6mm, 6.5mm and 7mm.
I purchased a 243 on the 6mm authorisation.
That was back in 2004 so things might have been tightened up a bit now, however my 257 Roberts Improved was acquired on a 257 cal authority back in 2009, i could also have bought a 257 Weatherby or a 257 STW for instance

Ian.

Back