New Zeiss Conquest HD5 riflescopes

glogin

I have Zeiss Conquest scopes and rate them highly. They also were good buy from the states before Zeiss introduced Duralyte line, but I still think they are good value and I like American range of mag better.
Now new scopes are coming in with x5 zoom and 1" tube. New lockable turrets and T* coating and LotuTec.

2-10x42
3-15x42
5-25x50

Anyone going to the states anytime soon? :norty:

zeiss_conquest_hd5_5-25x50.jpg

One problem with some websites is that the data is not reliable. For me the weight of a scope is very important.
The 5-25 is getting a bit heavy with over 700 grams compared to the older 6.5-20x50.
The 2-10x42 being heavier than the 3-15x42?

If the weight of the 3-15 were true it would make a fine lightweight stalking scope especially with the lockabel target turrets.

thanks for the links.

edi

I for one would have the 5/25 with the rapid Z 800 on it,

all i need now is to win the lottery along with all the others,

bob.

I just bought the 5-25 with Rapid Z 1000 for my remington 700. I currently use Conquest 6.5-20 with this rifle. So when i will receive the new scope in a couple of days, i will compare it for you.

look forward to the comparison cangulay, ive a 6,5-20 and a 4,5-14 x 50 and for the money they are unbeatable, these new models do like nice
cheers
craig

I just bought the 5-25 with Rapid Z 1000 for my remington 700. I currently use Conquest 6.5-20 with this rifle. So when i will receive the new scope in a couple of days, i will compare it for you.

Hows does your new 5-25 compare with your old 6.5-20? I have two of the latter model which I'm very happy with, but the new one looks really interesting. Does yours have the lockable target turrets? How do they work? Also, can they be reset to zero in the field without tools?
If only they made a Mildot or similar measuring reticle that was true around 10x mag. It could be the perfect scope.

I ordered a HD5 5-25x a couple of days ago with the z plex and lockable target turrets. I'd have liked the z-800 but decided that the turrets were more important and didnt like the z 1000 ret, just too busy.

15 day wait for delivery from Zeiss then however long it takes to get from the ole US of A

Hi jungle_re

be interesting to see a review once it arrives and what the full costs are with import duty and vat, i have the z=plez on a 4-14 x50 and is very good
cheers
craig

Will do - won't be till the end of Feb at the earliest as i'm currently working away till then.

Not sure on the vat and import duty as it never seems to follow any rules to me. Last time I ordered some carbon race wheel from the states that cost over £2k adn was expecting a killer fee and the total was under £150, I'll let you know once I get the bill.

I got the scope monday. looks really fancy and more modern than Conquest. But i didnt like the Rapid-z 1000 and returned it for RZ800, so i will get the new one Friday.

I got the scope monday. looks really fancy and more modern than Conquest. But i didnt like the Rapid-z 1000 and returned it for RZ800, so i will get the new one Friday.

I dismissed the rz1000 just on the graphics all the extra dots below looked really busy. I want the RZ800 looks a really good ret but sadly the target turrets were a must so I was left just with the choice of the Z-plex. Shame they dont allow the rets with any turret config or have a 4a type option as i'd prefer it to the plex. Be great to see some pics when it comes back help wet my appetite whilst I wait for mine to arrive in Blighty.

i will receive it Friday and will take some pictures. Actually when you looking from the scope Rapid z 1000 is not too busy, but i will use it with my 7mag so it doesnt work with it. 7mm's velocity is too high for rapidz 1000, it designed for 308. Ofcourse you can use it with any caliber but than (3rd, 4th 5th ... bars doesnt match with the related distances... If you load your own ammo, you might have right velocity but there is already RZ 600 and RZ800 and fit the 7mag and 300 win mag perfectly. And also if you use RZ1000, you zeroid the scope n 500 yards and it s too much i think...

Have you used the calculator on the Zeiss website? It very useful as you can not only play with loads etc for the ranges on the ret but change the zero range. My idea was to fiddle with it to best fit different ranges etc. Ie true zero at 100 dial in certain amount of clicks to change zero 'range' which gives you different value for the stadia it also allows you to enter max range to distribute the lines. Its fun playing with it to see what zeros give what loads what ranges and how many clicks my idea was then to have the turret marked for certain different loads or different range brackets to meet the terrain.

Again shame this hasn't worked out on me as ive ordered just the z plex due to the turrets. If id lived state side Id have gone for the RZ800 and ordered some Kenton turrets to fit
I look forward to the pics thank you.

Yes i used the calculator and it doesnt fit the 7 mag. OR sometimes it fits but the calculator gives you very low optimum magnification power, like 11 or 12. But if you use rapid z 600 or 800, you get the best results...

I got the RZ800 just now... I will add some pics asap but i just noticed this is hunting turret, i dont think i will be happy with it after Target turret. I will contact to Zeiss monday, if any modification possible.

The new scope is longer and front lens tube diamater is larger. I didnt test it on the field yet but i was looking outside from my balcony today and time was around noon and was pretty sunny, about 100 meters there were a guy wear all white shirt, i used 25x magnification... And had crazy purple fringing... but really crazy, like the guy had LED light all around... Anyway i dont want to say anything negative before test it on the field. I will go to range this wednesday and will let you know...
img0553n.jpg

img0557srs.jpg
img0558sr.jpg
img0559o.jpg
img0568eq.jpg
img0570c.jpg
img0565z.jpg
img0564ii.jpg
img0563je.jpg
img0562p.jpg
img0561uro.jpg

Your pictures seem to show the HD5 as shorter than the old scope?
Agreed crying shame that you can't have the Z800 with target turrets
I will be very disappointed if the glass is not good I specifically chose this from the reviews raving about how good the glass was and a step up form the lower conquest models, HD glass is meant to avoid precisely what you mention. I hope it was just an oddity of the day and your glass proves good.

Thanks for the update and lots of pics much appreciated
Will

Yes HD5 is shorter than old scopes but fron Lens diameter is larger, i use Zeiss medium rings and front lens tube almost touch the barrel. And also HD5 is heavier than the 6.5-20..

I will test it this week and will let you know. but hope you are right and it was just an oddity of the day...

Back