Thread: Shooting sports magazine, deer lasso?!

Shooting sports magazine, deer lasso?!

Just picked up this months edition of shooting sports and supposed to read the article on pages 62-63. It's about a farmer who tries to lasso a deer so he can feed it up and the. Slaughter it for meat. Is it me or is this (as well as being a stupid idea, as can be seen by the outcome in the story) an entirely illegal thing to be doing, and as such should probably not be published?

Not read the mag, but remember a similar story that was turned into a hunting song many yrs ago.

About 15 to 20 years ago when you could count on the fingers of one hand the number of stalkers in Co Meath, and consequently our reds were reasonably static, I took on the management of a property on the river Boyne which had a model Ash planting on it. I reported back to the landowner that I had found a complete encampment set up in it by his neighbour's kids. He said that they had made a tarzan style trap by bending back an Ash sapling and attaching a noose to it. They got bored of checking it on a daily basis, and to his surprise he found a decomposing red carcase in it weeks later. While wanting to kick their backsides you have to have a sneaking admiration for the fact that they had retained some of the hunting gene. Ion

Read the mag and nearly cried with laughter