Any Vertigo sufferers? Not the job for you!

I've been climbing things for a good few years, but got to say these guy's have definitely got balls. I got a little rush just watching. Great.

Never thought I had a problem with heights until an episode made me shake like a leaf. Up 40ft of scaffold and had to step across a 1ft gap from the scaffold to the roof of the house...could I do it...took me 20 minutes to build up the cahonies to make that little step.

Bloody hell, canane believe that bothered me. Had to stop watching it. The Best laugh is i've got my tree surgery tickets.

I notice it's an american accent commentating is it legal to 'free climb' in this country? I know with the tree climbing always meant to be attached to tree (doesnae always happen) and i've spoke to a scaffolder for a large petro chemical comp where it was a sacking offence if not tied on above 4ish ft off the ground. I've watched the boys painting pylons and there usually tied on too

Those blokes must have gonads of steel, dont even think I'd like try it even with a parachute on, they've only got to slip once!!!!!!

Wouldn't imagine free climb would be legal here, as a steel erector it's a stackable offence if your caught not clipped on in a cherry picker. If your out sitting on steel you need 2 land yards so one is always clipped on.health and safety mad this country.

I am not quite sure how I finished watching that,I was half expecting him to slip,my knees are still knocking now,I had a go on the Pepsi max at Blackpool a few years ago and lost my head for heights for ages and pepsi max is 500yds lower,wow that's high :eek:

Last edited:
im a linesman and that made my legs feel a bit wobberley . think i would want quite a pay rise to go up somthing that high . Also i would defently want a parachute.

Though I have seen it before matters not a jot, man it is totally sick 2 watch have climed on TL (turntable ladder) 115 ft pails into total insignificence compared to this yikes :scared:

just worked it out ,, if u jumped off the top it would take u 9.8 seconds to hit the ground ,,, that would be a very long 9.8 seconds i think

Back