DuraCoat, Cerakote or Hydro Dipping

nthor

Hi All,

Looking for some recommendations based on below:

I have a Tikka T3 tactical the plastic stock has been scratched so will need small filling and painting, do you think a car bodyshop could take care of this I know they can do door handles on cars?

I also have another Tikka which has the matt black phosphate finish, the moderator has made the barrel shine where the rear ring used to slip over the barrel when screwing on/off so I would like to get the barrel and action painted or dipped.

I am in the South West so any contacts or suggestions welcome

Thanks Nigel

PM Kaleidoscope off here, he is the owner of Jager Sporting Arms, an authorized user for Dura-coat or cera-coat, located in the SW.
ATB

Tahr

Or Dave Wylde at Valkyrie Rifles. His work is very good, and he turns stuff around in reasonable times, without any BS or drama.

Just had my Sako done in Cerakote by Dave @ Valkyrie Rifles, quick turn round less than a week and the finish is superb.The opti-loks are just heat proof paint.
sako.jpgsako1.jpgsako2.jpg

Last edited:
Griff
Thanks for that, looking at some others he does a one called H+K Black looks good too.

Deerman.
That looks good too. Is that Dura or Cerakote?

I have a stock dipped in Matt Carbon Fibre finish on my 30-06. I thought it pretty at the time. It has not stood up to hard use well and has chipped easily. I would not bother again unless it was the fancy walnut one as i cant afford the real thing:).

Yorkie.

I am not a great fan of Duracote or Ceracote for metalwork, fine for stocks but i would be looking at a chemical process myself for any metalwork.

Ian.

Back