blaser r8/r93

Bigboab29

Hi guys,

thinking of trading in my remmi and going for a blaser, looking for any advice on what i should expect to pay for a good condition second hand 243 or 222 blaser r8 or r93 wood or synthetic.

Cheers rob

I think off road Gary on here has a mint r93 in .243 for sale at very sensible money
we have 8 blasers between two of us and cannot fault them
Regards Andy

Around £1200 - £ 1400 for a r93 synthetic, r8's are more expensive but they do retain their value, I traded my S/H R93 in for a new R8 for much the same money as I originally paid. atb Tim

I have owned 6 R93's and was the biggest Blaser fan. They all shot extremely well in everything from 243 to 300 win. I then decide to buy the new R8, and did I regret it. The chamber was putting grooving on the brass. Went to Open Season who honed the chamber, no difference. Went to Blaser in Germany, came back and case marking had moved position, went back to Blaser again and this time they made me a new Barrel. New barrel came back and guess what case marking in same position as earlier one. Back to Germany again and barrel was i presumed honed out again. No case marking now so i sold the gun. Had it on paper for about 15 months used it for about two
Open season did supply me with a new box of brass and a sling for my troubles
Blaser made no contact. I now think that there quality control and customer service stinks
As a previous Blaser fan I can say that i would not buy another

I have 5 R93 stocks and a dozen barrels from .222 Rem to 375H&H. Each one is a tack driver. My only problem is.............................adding to the collection!

I have 3 blaser r93 rifles. They are great and all shoot tight groups. Reference r8, not interested for the following reasons: - risk of losing the trigger/bullet assembly would worry me while stalking and replacement cost extortionate, yes you can lock in place but then it reverts to an r93 top loader???
- r93 expensive enough, r8 cost extortionate. Lastly why make the r8 barrel incompatible with r93, clearly focused at getting mugs to rebuy their rifle collection at a higher cost, no thanks. Reference 2nd hand prices, r93 much better value for money and larger selection available, unless you cherish the look of wood I recommend a synthetic stock. Best of luck.

I have 3 blaser r93 rifles. They are great and all shoot tight groups. Reference r8, not interested for the following reasons: - risk of losing the trigger/bullet assembly would worry me while stalking and replacement cost extortionate, yes you can lock in place but then it reverts to an r93 top loader???
- r93 expensive enough, r8 cost extortionate. Lastly why make the r8 barrel incompatible with r93, clearly focused at getting mugs to rebuy their rifle collection at a higher cost, no thanks. Reference 2nd hand prices, r93 much better value for money and larger selection available, unless you cherish the look of wood I recommend a synthetic stock. Best of luck.

I agree synthetic stock all the way. Thumb hole works BTW!

I've recently bought an R8 thumbhole and i love it,i think the chances of the mag detaching accidentally are about nil and trigger is the best i've come across,but i can understand where you guys are coming from on the incompatability between 93 and 8 barrels,think it has something to do with the new design of locking lugs on the bolt,could be wrong though.

I've recently bought an R8 thumbhole and i love it,i think the chances of the mag detaching accidentally are about nil and trigger is the best i've come across,but i can understand where you guys are coming from on the incompatability between 93 and 8 barrels,think it has something to do with the new design of locking lugs on the bolt,could be wrong though.
I believe that the barrel on the r8 has been redesigned to make it stronger than the r93 version. atb Tim

+1

Back