Holiday cott for easter

bambislayer

Has anyone got or have a recommendation for a holiday cottage for Easter break.

wish list

6 folk

no Internet or mobile reception

No need for sport, although an area for the boys to knock over a tin with an air gun would be good:)

no need to be completely remote but would be a plus :)

GOOD caravan would be considered, beach would be a plus but so would a heated swimming pool :cool:

area - north Scotland or the UK

Bambislayer,

Apparently, North Scotland still being in the UK, your "or" might suggest....

Wales is nice........

Stan

Roestalker's accommodation (Greenlee Deer) can take 6 (3x doubles/twins) REALLY good quality + he has the range out the back (10 - 300m) and plenty of nice stuff near by.. Might be booked though, also not sure whether he does booking for that length of time.... No phone reception on orange or O2 limited on Voda and about as remote as you can get south of the Forth/Clyde.

Spent a long weekend up there with a mate from the army and a pilot he owed a favour to...

Ended up putting 250rnds through the 10/22 at some Edgar brothers exploding targets on the range, couple of stalks for the pilot, and much drink and food - and long walks to the pub at once brewed.... They were certainly shorter on the way back :lol:.

Great weekend.

OK, it isn't in Scotland but John's place is remote.

OSS32, why would you ever be able to want to walk back from that pub!

Stan

Stan,

I'm a big fan of not sleeping in ditches....

I'm also a big fan of not smoking, not looking like a pikey, not being online after midnight, not spending money on rifles-beer-hangovers.... Unfortunately I'm completely unable to avoid these things; such is life!

Twice brewed is up for sale at the mo apparently... Fantastic escape business for someone... I think they want quite a lot for it though.

Last edited:
The "hint" is why it's up for sale.

Clientele are all campers who only want the women to use the dumper.

Stan

If you fancy North Wales, try NEFYN HOLIDAYS: Self Catering Holiday Cottages on the Lleyn Peninsula and in Snowdonia, North Wales
They've got some nice places in Snowdonia and Pen Llyn on their books.
We know the folk quite well, and my missus does their paperwork for them sometimes, so I can probably find out a bit more about each property than what's listed in the brochure, such as whether there's internet or 'phone coverage.
And if you're in the area your boys would be welcome to set up a temporary airgun range here.

Try Dahl cottage, loch etive.?. Now it is years since I was on Ardchattan, google bonawe, follow the arcdchattan side up towards glencoe. Lovely setting. It used to be May at Ardachy that dealt with that side of the estate but probably done through the atholl estates office now if it is still let. Picture makes it appear still up and running. Jim

self catering cottages at portsonachan hotel on loch awe? ..the timeshare log cabins, not the self catering hotel rooms.

Try Parkhead Lodge, Strachan, near Banchory, Aberdeenshire, should fnd it in Country Cottages web page, seriously good, If you do come up PM me and I could run you out for a night lamping rabbits.

Try Dahl cottage, loch etive.?. Now it is years since I was on Ardchattan, google bonawe, follow the arcdchattan side up towards glencoe. Lovely setting. It used to be May at Ardachy that dealt with that side of the estate but probably done through the atholl estates office now if it is still let. Picture makes it appear still up and running. Jim

should have thought of that one myself as my mates the stalker there and I often go up there with him,would be perfect in fact you probably know it as it sits on the way up to Barrs which is FC ground,I think it is on a long let at the moment but i,ll check with Paul for you if your interested? there is also the bothy up there which is free but you would probably have to share with the beardy types that stay there quite a bit!!!

It might not quite meet exactly all the requirements but what about:

dollagscottage.jpg

Beach within walking distance, lots of walking and wildlife, lots of free trout fishing plus sea fishing as well off the shore. No stalking in April as only reds on the island and there is mobile reception but no internet and you can always turn the mobile off plus it is in a small village with a few other croft houses about. Ideal spot for kids and they can see tweed being woven and lambs on the croft and run about pretty much as they please in most places. Sleeps 6 in one double and two twins and has pretty much all mod cons and although it is filling up for next year I believe Easter is still free.

Dollag's Cottage at 7 South Shawbost

aperfectdayonthemoor_zps67edb3ee.jpg

losgaintirred.jpg

Pm me. We have a family businesd with about 20 holiday lets on the books how about holy island lindisfarne northumberland. Or more in land near the cheviots.....

Have a look here Bambi. This is where me and the wife go every year. The chalets have 2 room 1 twin 1 dbl, and there is 1 with a sofa bed they are basic but warm and dry and clean. Beach 15 mins walk, as is the river for a wee bit fishing if you want to get the lads out, pub, resteraunt 150yds away. A week would be around £200.

http://halladaleinn.co.uk/

nutty

Cheers guys, plenty for herself to muse ovover some of these establishments have been my local in times gone by.

halladale, some wild nights, I smashed the juke box in 1988 !

portsonachan, first fight, first pint, first..................

again, thanks for your replys, I will let you know the outcome:)

It might not quite meet exactly all the requirements but what about:

dollagscottage.jpg

Beach within walking distance, lots of walking and wildlife, lots of free trout fishing plus sea fishing as well off the shore. No stalking in April as only reds on the island and there is mobile reception but no internet and you can always turn the mobile off plus it is in a small village with a few other croft houses about. Ideal spot for kids and they can see tweed being woven and lambs on the croft and run about pretty much as they please in most places. Sleeps 6 in one double and two twins and has pretty much all mod cons and although it is filling up for next year I believe Easter is still free.

Dollag's Cottage at 7 South Shawbost

aperfectdayonthemoor_zps67edb3ee.jpg

losgaintirred.jpg

seriously considering a summer trip

Back