Buying/selling venison

Bigboab29

Hi there,

Just looking for a bit of information. As a dsc lev 1 & 2 holder i can now sell any excess carcasses to the game dealers. Can i legally buy whole carcasses (in Jacket) from other shooters (know associates not any tom dick and harry from the pub) who dont have dsc 1 & 2 and then take these to the game dealers effectively becoming a kind of middle man?

cheers bob

I wouldnt have thaught so as they are not trained hunter status and you were not there to witness condition of the animal before being shot to do all nessesary checks, atb wayne

Thanks Wayne, I kinda thought that, just thought I'd ask, better keep myself right and just tell said parties they will have to get there dsc (even though they have been pro stalkers and guides in the past and could probably put me on the wrong bus, but I spose bit of paper goes a long way now a days)

cheer bob

If acting as middle man who's registration number would be provided to the game dealer along with the carcass? (Yours) Any come backs with traceability and pardon the pun where does the buck stop. As has been said you won't have the information required prior to & at point of shot extraction etc. so in honesty is it worth it for the price game dealers pay.
Wingy

Sorry Bigboab you cannot sell or buy venison unless from, or to an AGHE, unless you register as a AGHE and possibly, depending on if you process it other than in the skin, you may also have to be registered as a Food Business with the local authority.

Bb you can tell your friends to take the deer to a aghe but they would need to take the pluck with them. He will then ask them any relivant questions.

Thanks for the information guys, much appreciated. I'll let the said people no the score.

thanks again bob

Back