Basc at Scone with the DCS..

griff

Its not often I question my loyalty to BASC.
But today I have just found out that BASC is sharing their marquee with the DCS..
Never Have I felt so dissapointed that BASC are so far out of touch with its members and could be so insensitive..
I have sent an e-mail to John Swift expressing my dissapointment with the decision to host a game fair with the DCS in view of their attack on Deer Stalking in Scotland..
This decision will I am sure damage the reputation of BASC and its members that even I have to take stock of my membership to such an organisation.

regards
Griff

Should any member wish to make a complaint then here are the e-mail addresses you will need.
The constitutuion rules that if you make a complaint about a member of staff then there has to be immediate action taken.

The decision taken by Colin Sheddon to co-host the Scone gamafair with the DCS will in my opinion damage my Membership to BASC and BASC's reputation...

I have just made a formal complaint to John Swift as a member, and I urge all members to do the same...

I have stopped short of demanding Colin Sheddon to resign, I think that the AGM will be the opportunity to do that..

here are the e-mails addrsses.

john.swift@basc.org.uk

christopher.graffious@basc.org.uk

political@basc.org.uk

regards
griff

David

Can you please clarify if BASC is sharing the same marquee with the DCS?

Thankyou

My information came from a reliable source,although most of it was duff some of it wasn't.
Basc are launching best practice along with other organisations,DCS are one of them, but I feel we do need to draw a line in the sand and send them a message.

regards
griff

I'd like to point out this has been done several times before at the Scottish game fare over the years .

I don't know where the loyalty thing is coming from, even had BASC had been sharing a stall with SACS ,BDS, SGA what does it matter, if your a BASC member they have taken your cash your looking for them to do the best for you , at this moment in time from what ive been reading about the Scottish Wildlife & Environment Bill on this site all the above mentioned should all be under the same roof to answer questions on the whys and wherefores, I for one will be asking the questions that i'm interested in by taking copies of the pages with me .

For me personally loyalty lies in the pay packet at the end of the week .

Well i for one am not really surprised and i am not surprised that FC are sharing the same tent we are in no doubt were the DCS ,loyalties lie and that is job creation for there own that will included a few of the top men in the forest enterprise who have helped them push this document through government. I wounder what stand Mr sheddon will stand at or the others that have jumped from BASC TO THE DCS. Best practice is used by every stalker that has passed DMQ Lev 2 and BASC SHOULD BE GIVING DCS A VERBLE BLACK EYE FOR EVEN SUGGESTING THAT DMQ WAS NOT UP TO THE JOB .Then reply with but we don't even know what end to wipe. They might get more than they bargained for when the stalking public get to scone the Scots will not be slow at going forward. I will certainly be looking a few faces out and asking were there loyalties lie. ;)

I'm not very happy about this, so I will be calling into the BASC tent to find out more. If anyone wants to have a COLD beer after ranting at the BASC boys, we will be a couple of tents down from them, so call in and say hello. :D

The DCS are not in the BASC tent, as Griff says some of the info given to him was not quite right, never mind, these things happen.

BASC staff will be on the BASC stand, and if DCS have a stand at the show then I suspect their staff will be on that.

The fact that a couple of DCS staff used to work for BASC is irrelevent! have you never changed jobs!!

For those of you that are going I hope you have a great itme.

best wishes

David

David i have changed a few times in my life but when you move to the opposition then that really is important and don't even try to smooth it over.
I was talking to a MSP yesterday and asked him about this situation and he said he cant imagine being a member of the labour party and getting paid by the conservatives at the same time. Smell the rose David this is not just changing jobs. This is about the legislation they can pass after using information gathered from the largest shooting organisation in Britain. Many of the DCS spent years gathering info before jumping ship be it DCS OR DI why did they get the jobs in the first place because they had the expertise the DCS NEEDED TO BRING ABOUT THE DOWN FALL OF DEERSTALKING IN SCOTLAND.

David is correct DCS have their own marquee at the fair, but there will be a presence in the BASC tent of the DCS to launch the best practice guide, my info was good,but perhaps not clear.
I would suggest that this is a perfect opportunity to put any questions to the DCS with your concerns.

One of the questions I will be asking is: how much do I have to pay to be on the register?
They have been quite evasive on this and indications are that it will be an annual subscription when you send in your returns.
O'h and don't forget if your not on the register then you will not have then need for a deer rifle!!

I have also yet to see any statement from any other organisations that are supposed to represent us!
BDS
SACS
NGO
SGA
CA
etc etc..

They must be keeping their heads below the parapet after seeing some of the comments regarding BASC..
Some folk just can't take critisism..

regards
griff

Last wekend i was at a country show and talking to a chap from the S G A about new deer legislation and competence certification to be allowed to stalk in scotland . He was of the same opinion as alot of people are the BASC and the BDS are sitting on the fence on this one and dont want to get to involved as they will be the ones making all the money out of training and certification if it comes in, as for Mr swift as a leader i think he will say yes to anything hoping to get a knighthood for screwing us all as he did with the lead shot ban in england at least the scots got it about right on this one .

Firstly, lets clear up exactly what the situation is with Best Practice:

Best Practice is supported by BASC, SGA, BDS, ADMG, Forestry Commission, Lantra and DCS.

BASC has been a contributor to the best practice project and during our recent lobbying in Scotland we have included the line that having best practice and voluntary qualifications negates any need for any deerstalkers register and compulsory competence. We are hosting the point of information for the joint best practice project..

In England and Wales we are similarly involved in the best practice project south of the border and have hosted information on this project at major game fairs last year and will continue to do so this year.

BASC exists to protect sporting shooting and we have been at the forefront in resisting these proposals from DCS and their agenda for the future of deer management in Scotland.

Secondly to say BASC have sat back and not got involved is rubbish - this issue has been on our web site for weeks! We have been repeatedly asking people to get involved and respond to the consutation .

Our position paper on the original DCS proposals was published in November last year- and has been on this very forum - keeping quiet and sitting back? Far from it!

David

Muddy,
thats very easy for the SGA to say, when they have not even made a statement regarding the DCS proposals.
What the SGA did not tell you is that they were in favour of the proposals because they thought that the "professional keepers would get grandfather rights",that in turn would of made a mockery of the any qualification and in my opinion would of been discriminatory.
The SGA up until Nov 08 were favour until they found out the truth..
" no grandfather rights"

The SGA were also looking to get the training on the back of any new legislation..

So SGA lets have a statement!
Along with all the other organisations that say they represent us!

David @ BASC has been the only voice on this site from any of the so called membership organisaton's ,wether you agree with him or not he has been here to answer any of your critisicms.

BASC's position on these proposals are very clear,
"they are against them".

regards
griff

Tongue in cheek....

I'm too busy fighting the damned proposals to spend all day posting on websites :D

I have made a full post on the main thread about this topic - feel free to contact me by email on sacs@netherholm.sol.co.uk

Ian Clark
Director, SACS

I hope as many of you as possible come to see us at the weekend.

If you can’t see us at the show this weekend you will find BASC and many shows and events during the summer

Please come and have a talk about what BASC is doing for you.

Talk to us and hear the facts straight from the horse’s mouth. Please ask us anything you like - we will always be open and honest- we have nothing to hide.

BASC member or not – we will welcome you and hear what you have to say – because after all we are all shooters and we all want the same thing, the continuing opportunity to go shooting without silly restrictions or daft schemes that will inhibit recreational shooting.

Best wishes

David

Back