Which scope?

Womphorn

Narrowed my choice down to these two. Would appreciate your opinions on either. I've suffered weeks of information overload regarding scopes so while I would normally appreciate alternatives can I ask you guys not to mention others you feel I may be better off with or I'll be back at square one again
blink.png

Scope 1

http://www.newpro-eu...oa-reticle.html

Scope 2

http://aimfieldsport...ISS8-32x56LRMOA

The scope will be going on a target rifle and will be used over 300, 500 and a 1000 yards.

Thanks.

Tommy

Surely if it's for target use out to 1000 yards then the 8x magnification on the second scope would rule it out instantly?

Sorry couldn't resist

Doctor optics sport - 8-25x50 fine target ret, £726 @ continental shooting:)

just noticed 25mm tube and lack of adjustment!! in that case i'd go sightron, a few of trade members on here stock them and may get you a good deal:)

just noticed 25mm tube and lack of adjustment!! in that case i'd go sightron, a few of trade members on here stock them and may get you a good deal:)

I'm having a relative in the states send over the scope that I choose. The Sightron warranty would mean if ever an issue surfaced I would need to send it back to the states the Vortex however can be returned to a UK dealer.

"The VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customers. We will repair or replace your Vortex binoculars, spotting scope or monocular for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty:

• Unlimited lifetime
  • Fully transferable
  • No warranty card to fill out
  • No receipt needed to hang on to
If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you."

To me that is a definite plus for the Vortex

Last edited:
Just to let you know Riflecraft have taken over Vortex in the UK as of 1st January. If you have any warranty issues we will take care of it for you. Hope you like the scope when it gets here.

I'm having a relative in the states send over the scope that I choose. The Sightron warranty would mean if ever an issue surfaced I would need to send it back to the states the Vortex however can be returned to a UK dealer.

"The VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customers. We will repair or replace your Vortex binoculars, spotting scope or monocular for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty:

• Unlimited lifetime
  • Fully transferable
  • No warranty card to fill out
  • No receipt needed to hang on to
If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you."

To me that is a definite plus for the Vortex

Just to let you know Riflecraft have taken over Vortex in the UK as of 1st January. If you have any warranty issues we will take care of it for you. Hope you like the scope when it gets here.

Had spoken to someone at Newpro today as the warranty statement does not actually mention rifle scopes. I was made aware that Rifle Craft are now acting for Vortex as far as scopes go and also reassured that scopes are covered by the lifetime warranty.

Then went on to check your web page for your scope prices but it's blank have you a pricing structure in place?

If you buy either scope in the US and anything goes wrong you will pobably have to send it back to the US.
I dont any UK agent will entertain you if the scope didnt come from them.
I have that sightron scope and find it excellent for target shooting.

If you buy either scope in the US and anything goes wrong you will pobably have to send it back to the US.
I dont any UK agent will entertain you if the scope didnt come from them.
I have that sightron scope and find it excellent for target shooting.

Palo if you take a minute to read the Vortex warranty you will see that they state " It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty"

The next comment was from their new agent in the UK who stated "If you have any warranty issues we will take care of it for you."

Thanks for the opinion about the Sightron. What distances are you shooting over?

sightron exelent scopes use mine on a 7mm rem mag good for hunting or target work cant recomend them enughf for dialing in shots the sightron as far as im concerned is better than the night force i used to own says it all me thinks simples

Palo if you take a minute to read the Vortex warranty you will see that they state " It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty"

The next comment was from their new agent in the UK who stated "If you have any warranty issues we will take care of it for you."

Thanks for the opinion about the Sightron. What distances are you shooting over?

Thats a plus for the vortex as aimfield sports will only handle warranty issues for scopes that were bought through them.
I have only used my scope out to 300 yards so far.
Its very clear at 32 mag and tracks very well

Many apologies for the state of our website. I know exactly how bad and uninformative it is. Its replacement goes live in about 14 days time with all the info inc prices that you could wish for. Until then I am happy to respond to PM's on prices.
Had spoken to someone at Newpro today as the warranty statement does not actually mention rifle scopes. I was made aware that Rifle Craft are now acting for Vortex as far as scopes go and also reassured that scopes are covered by the lifetime warranty.

Then went on to check your web page for your scope prices but it's blank have you a pricing structure in place?

Back