Wanted: Africa 2013

greenhillstairs

Hi Guy’s;

I appreciate this thread is probably an old cliché, no doubt aired on a number of occasions previous. However me and my old Hunting Pal are looking for a Trip to Africa in2013. Last went to South Africa 2010, Eastern Cape nr Port Elizabeth, a beautifulc omfortable lodge/Game farm. However for this trip maybe looking for something a little different, I’m more for new experiences then returning to old. Perhaps this trip some if not all tented hunting, not adverse to a couple of nights comfort, but as I say experience a different side this time. Possibly Hunt over a larger area, maybe even a Hilly or Mountainous region making up partof the ground, that would I’m sure offer a different prospect.

This is a genuine enquiry, we are not just Kicking aroundthe prospect, its of case of trying to find the right package.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. When best to go? And where?

My preference before end of April possibly early May,however if any feedback suggested otherwise, this timing not a necessity.Basically has always looking for a great life experience.

I didn’t really get the opportunity to take a Kudu last time, however it would be top of my list. This said probably the only Trophy I would be interested in, I’ve got a few “Africa’s” last time, and I’m more than happyto hunt Cull animals.

Thanking You in advance, look forward to hearing from You.

Regards;

Steve.

Last edited:
Steve,
Take a look at: shakariconnection.com
There's enough info on that site to keep you going for a long time. You can email the owner, Steve Robinson, if you need particular information or assistance.
I've been to Africa three times with him as my PH and can vouch for his operation 100%.
Peter

Thanks PeteL, I will certainly take a look!!
Steve,
There's enough info on that site to keep you going for a long time. You can email the owner, Steve Robinson, if you need particular information or assistance.
I've been to Africa three times with him as my PH and can vouch for his operation 100%.
Peter

I have a contact that does proper hunting in SA, not luxury lodges but fly camps, how Africa should be done. He should be able to get you a nice Kudu plus what ever else you are after.

Drop me a PM with your email and I will get him to contact you.

Try gavin rorke safaris. In Zim in Zambezi valley loads of buffalo lion and jumbo
Hes reasonable priced fair and his ph Luke is good fun food good camp. Good hunting good
go in suicide month if you want save money but watch out for the tetsee flys there meaner than an ex wife

Thanks 45, certainly take a look him up on tin'ternet!! Tho Buffalo, Lion & Jumbo dont really float my boat. Fully understand the ethical "Culling" etc, I've never really felt inclined to Hunt any of the so Called Big 5.

Steve,
Peter

Steve has now retired and is living in Portugal - he has a couple of final hunting commitments in Africa during 2013, after which he is sticking to living the good life in Portugal and hunting the odd wild boar.

The Shakari Connection will still be kept up though and is a mine of information.

If you want to hunt the hill country, I'd recommend Dennie Taljaardt of Dubula Mangi Safaris.

His lodge is near Nelspruit, in the Mpumalanga province up north and he has great hunting grounds in the mountains around the lodge - thick bush country and steep ravines, with excellent Kudu and some of the best Bushbuck I've seen. Dennie is a great PH and a mate (with VERY attractive daughters).

Cheers Adament, The mountains & Kudu sound great, but it was the last line that caught caused me to sit up in my Chair :lol:
Steve has now retired and is living in Portugal - he has a couple of final hunting commitments in Africa during 2013, after which he is sticking to living the good life in Portugal and hunting the odd wild boar.

The Shakari Connection will still be kept up though and is a mine of information.

If you want to hunt the hill country, I'd recommend Dennie Taljaardt of Dubula Mangi Safaris.

His lodge is near Nelspruit, in the Mpumalanga province up north and he has great hunting grounds in the mountains around the lodge - thick bush country and steep ravines, with excellent Kudu and some of the best Bushbuck I've seen. Dennie is a great PH and a mate (with VERY attractive daughters).

Whilst it is true that Steve has more or less retired from the hunting/safari side, he knows anyone and everyone connected with hunting in Africa and can put you in touch with suitable companies. His website shakariconnection.com is an invaluable resource.
I spoke to Steve on Skype today and asked who he would recommend for a hunt such as you require and without hesitation he recommended Dennie Taljaardt, just as Adamant has done. With two such recommendations, you are likely to have a jolly good hunt. (BTW Steve tells me that Dennie is very protective of his daughters and is a crack shot, LOL).
Peter

greenhillstairs,

PM send. End of April beginning May will be good - starting of our winter season and Kudu do like to roam in the open area's more in winter...

Regards,

Patrick

Hi Guy’s; I appreciate this thread is probably an old cliché, no doubt aired on a number of occasions previous. However me and my old Hunting Pal are looking for a Trip to Africa in2013. Last went to South Africa 2010, Eastern Cape nr Port Elizabeth, a beautifulc omfortable lodge/Game farm. However for this trip maybe looking for something a little different, I’m more for new experiences then returning to old. Perhaps this trip some if not all tented hunting, not adverse to a couple of nights comfort, but as I say experience a different side this time. Possibly Hunt over a larger area, maybe even a Hilly or Mountainous region making up partof the ground, that would I’m sure offer a different prospect. This is a genuine enquiry, we are not just Kicking aroundthe prospect, its of case of trying to find the right package. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. When best to go? And where?My preference before end of April possibly early May,however if any feedback suggested otherwise, this timing not a necessity.Basically has always looking for a great life experience. I didn’t really get the opportunity to take a Kudu last time, however it would be top of my list. This said probably the only Trophy I would be interested in, I’ve got a few “Africa’s” last time, and I’m more than happyto hunt Cull animals.Thanking You in advance, look forward to hearing from You.Regards;Steve.

Last edited:
Mate try nduna from the site. They have been great with me taking time to explain everything and put me on the correct path. I thought S/A would have been to expensive for me and the wife but not after the chats Ive had with them.

nutty

Back