.308 reloading data

Beretta

Does anyone have any data for a 175gn bullet with reloder 15?

I understand its very similar to N140 so can i use n140 data for reloder 15?

Cheers

Last edited:
Because they dont list RL15 with a 175gn bullet.

Its the only powder i could get pratically.

Iam asking if anyone has used it before on what data?

The starting load for a 180 grain bullet and Reloader 15 is 39.6 grains, I'd work up from there.

Neil. :)

...and I use IMR 4895 with 168 grain bullets with excellent results.

But that doesn't help with the OP's original question and dagnabbit, he seems stuck on RL-15 and 175 grain bullets despite our collective successes.~Muir

I understand its very similar to N140 so can i use n140 data for reloder 15?

NO!

And just in case it got missed....

NO!

They may be immediately next to each other in the burn rate tables but that does not mean that they are the same. And even for bullets of the same weight you should not, in fact, use the data "straight across". An example would be data for moly coated bullets, or solid copper bullets, or "partition" type bullets where all are, nominally, 175 grains.

NO!

And just in case it got missed....

NO!

They may be immediately next to each other in the burn rate tables but that does not mean that they are the same. And even for bullets of the same weight you should not, in fact, use the data "straight across". An example would be data for moly coated bullets, or solid copper bullets, or "partition" type bullets where all are, nominally, 175 grains.

Pressure changes for different types of bullets, of similar composition and form, are generally small but when changing bullets you must go back to the beginning with lowest charge weights and work up again. In that sense, data cannot be used straight across, but 175 grain data is 175 grain data and useable provided you start anew when switching bullets. ~Muir

...and I use IMR 4895 with 168 grain bullets with excellent results.

But that doesn't help with the OP's original question and dagnabbit, he seems stuck on RL-15 and 175 grain bullets despite our collective successes.~Muir

I can get (at a cost) most of the reloder range, However i currently use RL15 &RL22 for other calibers and as the guy in the shop said it was the one to use i took his word. (I already had a couple of pounds).

So whats the consensus on a starting load?

I note that Sierra publish the same charge of Reloader 15 for both their 175 grain HPBT Matchking and their 180 grain bullet offerings and that Hornady group their 178 - 180 grain loads together as well.

Back