Thread: Greetings ALL, I'm New

Greetings ALL, I'm New

I would just like to borrow a wee bit of your time to let you all know that I am new to this forum and like the Hunting Washington forum, I am, presently a member of, expect I will learn a great deal about hunting in Scotland.

In July of 2014, I will be retiring, for a second time, selling my house, here, and moving to Scotland. My wife is an EU member so I shouldn't have a big problem doing this.

I love to hunt and fish, but unlike far too many, I do not do it for the "Sport" of it. What I shoot and fish, I expect to put in my freezer, that of relatives. I have no problem putting the meat in the freezers of those who are on hard times and need the food, either.

I, generally use .30 cals (30.40, 30.06. .303, 8mm), as well as my bow, where allowed. My rifles are older, but they are made of the better steel and methods. IMHO

I have been trying, in vain, to get as much information about hunting in Scotland and all I seem to find, until now, is for 'Tourist Hunting Trips'.

Does Scotland have a mandatory "Harvest Quota" of does one, primarily hunt for culs, as opposed to big trophies?

I know I will get a lot of answers here, as I did when I first found this site, so I will 'shut my mouth' and let you get back to your other reading.

Until we meet on for a good hunt.
    Last edited by BearStalker; 11-01-2013 at 21:27.

Welcome to the site, I'm sure someone here will answer any questions you have.

Welcome to the site. You will be pleased to know there is no harvest quota, no tag system and no bag limit other than those imposed by your wallet or the amount of deer available . I'm sure you will get sorted out when you get here, in the meantime just ask the right questions in the right places and you will learn plenty

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome from another newbie to the site