shogun 3.2 did

Dickturpin

right guys,at the moment i have a mk5 gti golf and a 01 shogun 3.2 did i use as a winter vehicle. the shogun has 120k on it and i have to say i love it. it never misses a beat. i went today and am thinking about selling both and buying a 08/09 shogun swb 3.2 pref a warrior.... anyone have a recent model that could comment on the later models????? i never drove an auto before and wondering should i give one a try????? any vehicle i have is never abused and serviced religiously and anything it needs it gets.... reckon we will do about 15k a year and it prob never will tow.... are the auto boxes any more troublesome than the flywheel issue?????

I had a shogun swb 2.8 diesel auto, it never missed a beat either, but skinted me regularly.
Good off road but too juicy as an everyday car. I would never get an auto again though, I didnt feel you could really drive the car how you want to cos the auto box is always doing its own thing, you definatley have more control with a manual. Would be good as a stalking only motor though I suppose, but im sorry I dont have any knowledge of the more recent products.

we have an 53 plate long wheel base in manual and its a great motor also a 58 plate long wheelbase in an auto and its a gready beast of a thing constant in and out of garage warning lights on would not get another in an auto. when towing an empty horse box got down to 15 mpg:eek: genral run around be 22 ish also it has 17 inch rims and not over easy to get all terrains ended spending nearly a grand on 5 bfg all terrains a couple of years ago!

Had a 2.8 lwb Pajero, which is a shogun by a different name, wonderful vehicle. That was an auto, you can have as much control over an auto box as you want, you can "change" gear and put it in what ever you like. Both of our present vehicles are auto would not go back to a manual.

John

well, the one I purchased from JAYB is an awesome machine, brilliant off roader, great road-goer, comfortable, powerful, and good looking. quality stuff. When I drove it home the first thing I thought was "if I can afford a new one at some point, I'll definitely get me one of these again!!!".

Driven the hillux,,,,,but, I like the covered boot area better. IMHO.

one thing, the Pajero/Shogun does not handle well when forced to brake at speed in a corner with pure black ice,,,,,hence, it will be back on the road after a good month in the garage, just in time for this coming weekend:D

Just my experience lads and no offence meant by it , I won't argue they're fit for purpose but I don't think these were ever designed for deep mud plugging .

Just my experience lads and no offence meant by it , I won't argue they're fit for purpose but I don't think these were ever designed for deep mud plugging .

I don't think anyone would take offense ;) it's a valid, point, and the hilux DOES have better ground clearance, so yes, for off roading in mud and driving on tracks with the middle 'bit' raised due to the tyre tracks having worn down deep, the hilux is better off.

they all have +'s and -'s

I have a 2010 swb warrior auto 198 bhp good motor tows very well. Also had 2006 lwb auto put 70000 mls on the clock still got it good motor. Started with 2003 swb auto good motor 75000 mls flywheel when 2 days before it was to be swoped new 1 in the waiting in the compond not happy.
All in all good motors all autos.You will find they need to be 198 bhp thats chiped other wise very flat.Good on fuel steady 60 mph 28 mph towing 22 ish in the company we have had 6 commercials over the last 10 years.

well, the one I purchased from JAYB is an awesome machine, brilliant off roader, great road-goer, comfortable, powerful, and good looking. quality stuff. When I drove it home the first thing I thought was "if I can afford a new one at some point, I'll definitely get me one of these again!!!".

Driven the hillux,,,,,but, I like the covered boot area better. IMHO.

one thing, the Pajero/Shogun does not handle well when forced to brake at speed in a corner with pure black ice,,,,,hence, it will be back on the road after a good month in the garage, just in time for this coming weekend:D

I shall be inspecting it March, just to check her health you understand :D

John

I have a 53 reg short wheelbase 4work model, manual gearbox. It is basically a 3.2 engine with two seats and a load area hanging off the back. I have found it to be an ideal vehicle for the stalking and clients like it too as it is comfy to drive about in. It seems to do about 28 mpg however I drive it.

Back