HELP!!! I've got a tick on my leg. How do I get it off?

njc110381

Hey guys. It's a bit late to be asking this but I've just spotted it and I don't have a remover. What's the best plan?

:( if you can manage on one leg cut the other off ;) no just kidding if just removed 3 this week all i do is get hold as far down on the tick as you can and just hold and twist this has worked for me as the head is removed by the twisting Don't just Pull it straight out and if you get it wrong its not my fault the tick tweezers are the best i must get some as my luck will run out at some time have fun.
amberdog

Amberdog look at the clip I posted in BASC mag and Ticks to see what could happen if you get it wrong

Brian

cheers brian i know and your right its time i got the toolfor the job time to get my ass in to gear
amberdog

njc110381 said:
Hey guys. It's a bit late to be asking this but I've just spotted it and I don't have a remover. What's the best plan?

If you want to buy one of these O'Tom Tick Remover tools for future tick removal, you can get them off that well known auction site.

click here

Costs £4 posted.

Regards
Jonathan

When you remove it twist it in an anticlockwise direction!!!

Heard it at a seminar one year by a tick expert :eek:

I got it off with tweezers in the end. Hard little buggers though, it didn't want to give up! Luckily I don't think I squashed it at all and I'm pretty sure I got it all out. All looked fine this morning when I looked at it and I'll keep a close eye on the area for a day or two.

I'll get a tick remover. That lymes desease looks nasty!

:D :D Thanks for the advice i got of my ass and my new o'tom tick twisters have arrived £4 for a twin pack thanks again
amberdog

Years ago the perceived wisdom was to paint them with nail varnish, this suffocates them and they die.

I tried it, all was well until bed time “you are not getting into bed with them on your leg” said she who must be obeyed.

I didn’t persist with the nail varnish – it might work but, or it might be a wind up!!

cjm1066 said:
Years ago the perceived wisdom was to paint them with nail varnish, this suffocates them and they die.

I tried it, all was well until bed time “you are not getting into bed with them on your leg” said she who must be obeyed.

I didn’t persist with the nail varnish – it might work but, or it might be a wind up!!

DONT!
if you cover the tick with varnish/vasaline or anything else that suffocates it, it will disgorge its stomach contents before dying, you will end up with more bacteria (spirochets) in your system, remove it in the prescribed way.

Back