in desperate need of a drag harnis

jontie3332

any one know when I can buy a drag harnis from please after dragging a large fallow 450 yards with my mate today have decided a drag harnis is the best way forward

any one know when I can buy a drag harnis from please after dragging a large fallow 450 yards with my mate today have decided a drag harnis is the best way forward
Only 450 yards.....and with your mate as well!!!!
You don't know your'e born mate!!
S.

A little bit insensitive chaps! especially as you probably don't know the guy.....he might have one leg or something for all you know!!

Spot the folk that don't have to do it very often, or are on flat ground!

I am 15st and consider myself fit, but a large Sika stag (guess similar in size to a fallow buck) is way too heavy without a harness or at the very least a rope! especially up any gradient.

I echo the sentiments about using a piece of seatbelt in a loop with the rope looped at both ends and the belt threaded through one of them. Won't look as good as one a saddler will make but if on a tight budget will still do the job. Been using the same exact type for almost 20 years now...

Perhaps someone ought to design like a roe sack with a large metal D-ring sewn on in such a way that it wouldn't get ripped off, then you could put small deer inside the bag or drag large deer along tied to the d-ring.

Spot the folk that don't have to do it very often, or are on flat ground!

I am 15st and consider myself fit, but a large Sika stag (guess similar in size to a fallow buck) is way too heavy without a harness or at the very least a rope! especially up any gradient.

I echo the sentiments about using a piece of seatbelt in a loop with the rope looped at both ends and the belt threaded through one of them. Won't look as good as one a saddler will make but if on a tight budget will still do the job. Been using the same exact type for almost 20 years now...

Ill have mine on sat for you to use mate...;)

nutty

No point in dragging if you don't have to or lifting,none.
Unless you can't get machine in.Capstan winches do the job too.
All saves your back.
Try dragging 20stone red off clear fell.Double the size of sika.
Need to watch and not break a leg.
Drag-not if I can help it.

thanks for the coments fellas after spending a day mooching through some of my old army kit i found that a yoke from my rocket pouches with a bit of ajustment will do a perfect job i think

to the guy carrying the deer i carried a fallow when i was down in suffolk last month and pulled my back witch sadly ruined my rest of the weekend stalking was gutted :( but have made up for it now lol

No point in dragging if you don't have to or lifting,none.
Unless you can't get machine in.Capstan winches do the job too.
All saves your back.
Try dragging 20stone red off clear fell.Double the size of sika.
Need to watch and not break a leg.
Drag-not if I can help it.

double the size of Sika my ar*e! maybe the wee strain that inhabits the highlands, but not ours!

Now I know why you shot that roe, you were frightened a Sika came out and you would have to drag it!

double the size of Sika my ar*e! maybe the wee strain that inhabits the highlands, but not ours!

Now I know why you shot that roe, you were frightened a Sika came out and you would have to drag it!
Way too predictable....hehehe
Knew that would get a rise:rofl:
Easily double the size and drags aren't all downhill either:stir:Thats irrelevant though:scared:;)

Back