pheasants

MARKSP

Having shot a good number this year im looking for ideas to bring them back into the drives for the final days? what to you do? i have hung out fatballs and made straw rides using the waste from the local farmers grainer

Having shot a good number this year im looking for ideas to bring them back into the drives for the final days? what to you do? i have hung out fatballs and made straw rides using the waste from the local farmers grainer

Feed, feed and more feed into long, thickish straw rides so they have to hang about and scratch for a while to get a meal, also a cold snap will see birds retreating into the warmer woods. never heard of fatballs though!!
Regards WB

Ill look into the maize, yes they seem to like fat balls i hang them from trees at low leval.

bag of split maze in a plastic dustbin tip a load of aniseed on it and mix it up and leave it soak then put a mug full into each bag of wheat you feed , barley straw feed rides , just cut the bale strings and throw the syraw slabs out in a row so birds work it down .

A nice draught free wood with cover,Straw rides,as mentioned split maze and what ever else you can get your hands on,preferably south facing:),Not asking for much......
Atb John

Back