Buying Frenzy: No effect on prices of new shipments.

Muir

I went to the Trading Post today and they'd just gotten a shipment of Federal Primers in:about 20 cases. The retail price had actually dropped $2/1000 to $31 US for Large Rifle Primers (210's) Not much effect ... at least at our Trading Post. How long that will last?? Dunno. I bought 2K primers and put them away.~Muir

Well that's something Muir. How are prices / availability on things like magazines and .223/5.56, 5.45 and 7.62x39/51 doing?

Lets see what our main distributer in North Carolina says tommorrow when we put in an order !

Am ordering aboyt 16 or 17 thousand primers , several 8 pounders of powder and 20 or so bags of shot .

Well that's something Muir. How are prices / availability on things like magazines and .223/5.56, 5.45 and 7.62x39/51 doing?

Now those are almost completely off of the local shelves but there are a lot of surplus 15 and 30 round AR magazines available (for whatever they can get for them, I'm sure) Magpul is fairly well supplied with their after market, 20 round AR10 magazines. I have a lot of them so I haven't looked myself, but they say in the City they are still on the shelves at the normal prices. ($22) My SU-16R takes AR magazines -and I'm pretty well stocked in the 20 rounders I like (with a few 30's on the side)- but I bought a couple of polymer 10 rounders for use when backpacking. They were still on the shelves but, again, only ten round capacity. I'm going to the SHOT (Shooting Hunting and Outdoor Trade) Show in Las Vegas today. I'll have a better feel for the supply of things when I get back on Saturday.~Muir

The Ojoker administration is planing to show you all it's ideas on gun control this week isn't it?

Should be an interesting topic of conversation at the SHOT show!

Back