New toy --- I want very much

eggy s

Presenting the Leica Geovid HD-B - Supreme precision, extra ordinary reliability and effortless ergonomics.
227731_447763075279424_660978982_n.jpg
For the past twenty years, Leica has been known as a pioneer in the field of laser rangefinding. Introduced in 1992, the original Leica Geovid was the world’s first pair of binoculars with an integrated rangefinder. The Geovid BRF models carried on the tradition and are still amongst the smallest and handiest binocular rangefinders in their class today. Leica's innovative heritage continued with the fluoride glasses of the Leica Geovid HD models. Today we are pleased to present the new benchmark in rangefinding standards, the Leica Geovid 8 x 42 HD-B and Leica Geovid 10 x 42 HD-B.
393050_447369765318755_60290664_n.jpg
The high-precision ABC® ballistics programme of the Leica Geovid HD-B binoculars enables the precise determination of the point-of-aim correction and displays user-specific results within fractions of a second. When matched to the individual's hunting equipment, users have a choice of three different ballistic applications and can output the results determined in the format relevant to their needs. Temperature, barometric pressure and angle of declination parameters are factored into the calculation for all computing options. For hunters who use a classic reticle, the Leica Geovid HD-B binoculars display not only the measured distance, but also the required elevation adjustment in centimetres or inches. When using a ballistic reticle, information is provided for another important factor in hunting – the equivalent level terrain distance. Hunters who apply their point-of-impact correction in clicks with their fast reticle adjustment can also display the number of clicks required. The Geovid HD-B models adapt to each hunter’s individual hunting style and provide optimum results in every situation, independent of the equipment used.
485940_447759728613092_393309420_n.jpg
A significant innovation in the design of the Geovid HD-B models is an integrated micro-SD memory card slot. This enables ballistic parameters like the calibre, zero range and charge to be entered online and downloaded to the SD card to import into the Geovid HD-B. Distance measurement can be activated immediately after importing the data. This is the first time there has been such a complete interaction of binoculars and weapon, guaranteeing hunters maximum precision with the essential safety and certainty required for ethical hunting.
23379_447368525318879_267767660_n.jpg
In addition to leading with new technological benchmarks, Leica Geovid HD-B 42 binoculars were designed to set new standards in terms of ergonomics and handling. The binoculars offer perfect grip and holding characteristics that guarantee fatigue-free and comfortable handling, even when used for long periods. The controls (two-button control) are ergonomically located and ideally positioned for both left- and right-handed users. The Leica Geovid HD-B 42 binoculars offer the ultimate in optical performance in all viewing situations. Their high contrast and edge-to-edge image sharpness ensure identification of even the smallest details. The fusion of innovative concepts like High Definition (HD) optics, ABC® ballistics programme, micro-SD memory card and comfort of use doesn't just set a benchmark, but sets Leica Geovid apart as the standard in rangefinding.
398116_447369721985426_139601321_n.jpg
Click here for more information about the Leica Geovid HD-B.

you and me both eggy, see that lucky Mr B got to trial them very soon.

guess i will have to stick with my old Leica's for the moment.

Wow, nice looking range-finding bins....................
But think I'll stick with my Meopta's, at least they will last a lifetime, or more.
Which is more than can be said about anything modern, compact and electrical.

Neil. :)

Can only find a price in $ but I think as a rule we usually get charged the same in £s as the yanks pay in $s so at $2995 dig deep lads.

Matt.

It probably a silly question but, if they have a slot for an SD card - albeit a micro card, would this affect how water resistant they are ?

FN

Great piece of technology but I'm waiting for the Leica predator drone to be released so I can sit in my pants and vest and DF them from my laptop :rofl:. All a bit tongue and cheek i've got a Kestrel and range finder for long range shooting but you do have to ask yourself where the technology/sport line will be drawn if at all

So my beloved Geovids HD's are soon to be surpassed.

Certain irony here as I had a lenghty chat to the German tech expert on the Zeiss stand at a game fair and said there ballistic programme was just a gimmic and they needed a USB port so you could up load the ballistic info for the bullet and load.

Well looks like Leica have surpassed that an the micro SD card is a genious stroke. i assume it will have a rubber seal or alike. Looking at the pictures and spec it looks like Leica have really done their homework, I look foreward to seeing the reviews.

D

"Oof" is the correct noise to make when looking at these! :D

It really sounds like they've come up with a great solution for the built in ballistic calc.

Back