Horse meat beats a bit of pork belly in your burger!!!

pheasant sniper 1

Personally i love a nice horse steak

And was amused to see that somehow two food plants one in Dublin, the other in the midlands have been found guilty of having 35% of 27 products tested containing horse meat...

The news channel stated neither plant has anything to do with the handling of horse meat...:eek:

That being the case makes it all the more amusing to me as hopefully the truth or more likely a credible explanation come to light.

Tesco and Lidl are in the spot light

My wife has got to have another horse put down soon, this is a far better use than sending it to the local hunt kennels. :)

Perhaps I'll suggest it to her...... :eek:

Beats me why we dont eat it here. Everytime I look at the rear legs of my wifes horse I try and calculate how much meat there must be on it.

I've got no problem eating horse meat. Though if they go on the general licence I'm going to need a bigger freezer, a bigger shed and some stronger hooks. Its the thought of eater Tesco value brand ****n snot burgers that makes me heave.

major story over here now , looks as if stuff that is added to bulk up the burgermix that comes from spain and the netherlands was contaminated by the old grey mare lol

Storm in a teacup....I've had steak a cheval when in both France and Belgium and very nice it is too. The fact that they've also found traces of pork DNA will, I imagine, end up being the bigger story.

willie_gunn

Just checked my horse burgers in the fridge ...... Aaaand there off !

Have you tried the new horse burgers low in fat and high in shergar

Anyone know what to do with these 100 horse burgers I`ve been saddled with

I had a horse burger for my tea the other day, still got a bit between my teeth

Guy in hospital after eating Tesco burger reported to be in a stable condition but still having night mares

These jokes won`t last furlong

Sorry couldn`t resist given the topic

Bob

Just checked my horse burgers in the fridge ...... Aaaand there off !

Have you tried the new horse burgers low in fat and high in shergar

Anyone know what to do with these 100 horse burgers I`ve been saddled with

I had a horse burger for my tea the other day, still got a bit between my teeth

Guy in hospital after eating Tesco burger reported to be in a stable condition but still having night mares

These jokes won`t last furlong

Sorry couldn`t resist given the topic

Bob

:D:rofl:

nutty

Never mind the horse burgers, you should try tesco meatballs, they're the dogs bo!!ocks!! Also it has been reported that have been traces of zebra found in tesco barcodes...

Not bothered about eating horse what bothers me is they didn't know about it or even where it had come from and they say their is no health risk !

dont know what all the fuss is about , perfectly safe meat to eat what i dont agree with is its not labeled correctly would probably bought them if i knew they were horse lol I mean how many chinese restraunts have been shut down due to unknown meats? dog , sea gull etc, ????????????welll and they dont get as much press coverage as a little bit of pony meat! lol

Nothing wrong with eating horse but it's the issue that if they were domestic horses rather than farmed ones then they usually would have been given some sort of medication which should exclude them from the food chain hence the reason for horse passports these days.

Back