For those who are interested.

Wild Boar Lets wait how long ?? There is no doubt Widu (PAUL) is a skilled trainer and has a quality dog. But sadly they are rarer than gold medal stags.
The suffering deer will have done before any of them Hounds follow a line to France and swim the Chanel with the correct papers in there mouth will be unacceptable. ;).
Just admire the men and there dogs working and be done with it.

Fantastic read Widu !
I can only admire your efforts regarding training and to train and work such a dog must give you much pride !
I have a close friend in Sweden that owns a huge dog training facility mainly for wild boar and I have spent hours watching different owners work their dogs to a set Swedish standard and their level of commitment is also commendable
Once again well done
regards andy

Thank You all.
Davie sorry but i still feel you are missing the point, just give folks a chance that's all I and poster's who know like wildboar1973 are asking . This level that some wish to attain is not for everyone but soon there will be more of us. As for dogs not available , and deer suffering till they swim the channel you are ever the drama queen. They will come but not to just everyone and anyone because with the correct training they are something else, extra special, compared to the rest. I do not wish this to turn into an argument . Only for people to know that we are available to help in what I am sure you understand is when it happens a very stressful and potentially upsetting time . All we offer is to end suffering as soon as we can end of we do not pass judgement and we are not after any stalking that is the strict rules we are taught in Germany and repeated throughout one training . So give it a chance before you shoot us down that's all we ask.

Regards Widu.

Paul i wish you well i really do but ever the realist i cant see many deer stalkers taking up your offer. I had a chap out a while ago and he had a shot at a beast and he missed (SO HE SAID). I asked him were he shot at it and he was very upset that i should challenge him. Any way i put him in his car and had a nice chat and sent him on his way. I don't know why i did it but something told me to go to the shot sight it took the dog a while to find were the bullet hit and sure enough there was blood and quite a lot the deer was found only 60 mtr away stone dead. My point is this if some one who has been stalking for 20+ years can dismiss a shot so nonchalantly while i am on the ground with a dog at heal what chance will there ever be of a call out.

6pointer;507169 My point is this if some one who has been stalking for 20+ years can dismiss a shot so nonchalantly while i am on the ground with a dog at heal what chance will there ever be of a call out.[/QUOTE said:
6pointer your are right there! Unfortunately this is the problem we are up against, a lot of people cant tell if they have hit a beast or are afraid to admit to a cock up!!!

Davie .
I agree with you it all boils down to the nut behind the butt, at the end of the day . As for the shooter in your post makes me wonder in the last twenty years how many more of his misses were left to die ?? or rot . So what do we do ? we can be like you and say well done you but it will not work !! or we can try to help those who do not have a trained dog or have a dog but still cannot find the beast . I believe that not all stalkers are like the one in your post, and if they take up this offer then it will change the perception on this subject and that of the trained hound and handler. We or shall I say I only wish to help if and when it is required to end unnecessary suffering and in a very professional manner. So please don't take offence when I say since when do you speak for all stalkers in the country, i agree that everyone should have the democratic right to an opinion but also the right to disagree which i do!! and say i think you are being blinkered as usual.
Regards Widu.

Paul i dont take offence i don't speak for all its just my opinion and i have been around a wee while as have you. Half hearted attempts at finding dee are common the fone calls i have had talking about missed !! lost deer never to be seen again don't give me much hope. All now that the group members have trained deer dogs. George my advice to you is teach the aberdeen chaps to shoot . May i point you towards the best practice guidance for deer shot placement.

Hehehe.....
May I NOT point you in the direction of the BP guides for working with dogs for deer but phone Widu,there will be a better chance of success;)

whoa that hurt lol But my feeling is BP guides are not the oracle of deer management but as a document it is the best thing that has ever come out of DCS or SNH and long may it continue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best things that will come of this is properly trained handlers with their properly trained dogs finding deer that can't be found.
There is no criticism levied at the stalker or the dog that has failed to find only a find that may never have been found....
As Wildboar1973 states this needs support not condemnation,no monetary gain either but guys who know their stuff helping others for the good of welfare of the deer and their love of tracking with their properly trained hounds.Everything in time Davie.........................I like full stops not exclamation marks;)

Paul i wish you well i really do but ever the realist i cant see many deer stalkers taking up your offer. I had a chap out a while ago and he had a shot at a beast and he missed (SO HE SAID). I asked him were he shot at it and he was very upset that i should challenge him. Any way i put him in his car and had a nice chat and sent him on his way. I don't know why i did it but something told me to go to the shot sight it took the dog a while to find were the bullet hit and sure enough there was blood and quite a lot the deer was found only 60 mtr away stone dead. My point is this if some one who has been stalking for 20+ years can dismiss a shot so nonchalantly while i am on the ground with a dog at heal what chance will there ever be of a call out.

I really think you might be missing something here. I know I wasn't present and cannot say how the guy would have reacted (although you seem to be a strong enough character to deal with a stroppy client) but notwithstanding that, you clearly think that follow up is an important part of stalking as you have a dog to do that with and post enthusiastically about the matter. Surely the right thing to have done (perhaps assuming a more ameniable client) would be to take the guy to the shot site and open his eyes to how wrong he was. So , he might have actually missed and in that case he would have thought you wasted 5 minutes of his time (but it seems that wouldn't have added greatly to his dissatisfaction at that point in time) if not, you would have done him a great deal of good.

You rightly say that we might be pushing against a firmly locked door but if enough people do that the door might just open......

Just my thoughts.

You rightly say that we might be pushing against a firmly locked door but if enough people do that the door might just open....

Sorry Davie, sorry all of you.... I still wish you will be able to get some sort of proper tracking through all over the UK established, sooner or later....!
People who are "afraid" or even worried about this part of proper hunting (what all of us should have to do if something went seriously wrong) should ask themselves, what they are about.... Hunters, stalkers or just shooters, not taking care or thinking about the creatures they are dealing with while out in the field... What picture do we transfer to the public, when not trying our very best, with the best dogs and holders avaiable to stop a wounded animal suffering from a bad shot we took, or one of our clients...? What is about that imagine transfered to ourselves?
All of us should support attempts like Widus, with calling him, when necessary, to show our professional way of hunting and dealing with the animals welfare....

I hope, all of you got me right, there is no personal offense mentioned and maybe I am not finding the exact right words, I wish all of you the best and always straight shooting!

Michael

Last edited:
You rightly say that we might be pushing against a firmly locked door but if enough people do that the door might just open....

Sorry Davie, sorry all of you.... I still wish you will be able to get some sort of proper tracking through all over the UK established, sooner or later....!
People who are "afraid" or even worried about this part of proper hunting (what all of us should have to do if something went seriously wrong) should ask themselves, what they are about.... Hunters, stalkers or just shooters, not taking care or thinking about the creatures they are dealing with while out in the field... What picture do we transfer to the public, when not trying our very best, with the best dogs and holders avaiable to stop a wounded animal suffering from a bad shot we took, or one of our clients...? What is about that imagine transfered to ourselves?
All of us should support attempts like Widus, with calling him, when necessary, to show our professional way of huting and dealing with the animals welfare....

I hope, all of you got me right, there is no personal offense mentioned and maybe I am not finding the exact right words, I wish all of you the best and always straight shooting!

Michael
Perfectly spoken Michael and 100% correct.....thank you and well done

All of us should support attempts like Widus, with calling him, when necessary, to show our professional way of huting and dealing with the animals welfare....

Michael

Micheal , the finest words i have heard all week !

:tiphat: Thanks guys!
I really hope, everybody got me right.....
For those of you, who need it a bit stronger, but realize the same intension behind the words, read Wayne Davies thread Dogsh*te .....
That may help!!!!:rofl:

Atb

Michael

Good result there Widu
poorly dog and still showed you what he could do
the right breeding with proper training says it all
Even with out the training I would think that breed line would still show you what it is all about
proof in the pudding here
guys/gals
if you are local to Widu then PM him and give his dog a go
they may not find all lost beasts but they will find a lot more than most of your mates dogs put together

this is a creditable team of real standard

Back