Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe Rut

Roe Rut

Well its that time again the big question is when will it start??? for my money with this weather i think mid july around the 14th as my stalking is in scotland on the west and east coast whats the view of other site members,as yet i have not seen any bucks with does and i'v got all my calls dug out for when it starts.

well down here in bloody hot norfolk im expecting any day ! its humid and very warm , i just keep looking for signs !
    saw a buck and a doe yesterday just browsing a hedge not one single sniff of chasing .

cheers lee

I saw three bucks this morning two on there own and the other near a doe but not that interested but the rut was early were i am in Ayrshire last year. But normally its in to the first week in august ,

Two lads just been to our place 20 miles from Ayr. Not a buck to be seen (keeping low till the big push)

i was out last night. saw 5 does watched for ages but no bucks in attendance

Cheers chaps the bucks are moving now and showing so hopefully its coming very soon just got off the phone to 2 of my syndicate lads and they had 6 bucks and have seen plenty around must start having a go with the calls at home i'm sure the dogs will react
    all the best for the rut chaps

out this morning saw 2 bucks (not together) one not doing anything but browsing the other a big buck looked like he was questing way out in a wheat field sniffing alot and then walking a few yards then sniffing the air again.

Saw a big un chasing a little un off his patch last thursday morning. Its a little early yet in my experience. Proabably another fortnight at least before the girls start to get interested. Generally in South Yorks it seems to be early August.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Out stalking last Saturday morning there was a small 6-pointer chasing away a little button buck, but I've not seen any real evidence of the rut.

I was out again last night. Lots of roe in one field, but only one buck:

See the Articles section for a longer write-up.

Good job, nice head.