Lymes disease

swarovski

I've been feeling real rough for 18 months,I've had 4 blood tests and only thing they've found is my body is losing muscule enzymes,all my muscles ache and sore to touch,after several conversations with the doc I've got a blood test Monday to check for lymes,if I am all clear it looks like I will be visiting the mineral clinic to find out if I've got fibromyalgia,when I looked on the net for info the symptoms are so similar,I am not into self diagnosis but its been frustrating waiting for answers from the doctor,the whole process is all so long winded.

I hope its just a lack of iron or another thing rathet than what you think it is,

not nice being ill and to have to wait is hell.

I waited 6 months for an operation after they found out what was wrong and what they had to do to fix it,

best wishes bud

bob.

This happened to me starting September 2011......I went from swimming 100 lengths in an hour to 5 lengths.......all over the space of 1 week!

I had sputum samples, bloods, cardio, treadmills........found nothing at all. Only getting back to myself this past few months but whatever it was has me breathing funny in the first 5 mins of a run and then everything goes normal.

At one point I had paramedics breaking into my room to revitalise me...........still nothing found even when I went under private care.

The only thing I can ever put it too is a type of pneumonia as I was diving a lot in the sea during Nov. maybe you got caught out on the side of a hill during a shoot or stalk?

Hope all goes well and you get better soon. The body can do some wired stuff and often finds ways to sort itself out. 2 years ago over a period of a week I went from ok to lost strength throughout my body then coordination and couldn't walk properly, I couldn't even use a knife & fork properly. Thought it was MS but then started to recover over about 6 months all tests etc couldn't find anything
Wingy

My wife has Fybro myalgia, it's taken 15yrs to to get a proper diagnosis.... at first they thought it was sero-negative arthritis then it got better during pregnancy but came back with a vengeance after child no2.
After years of scans, x-rays and blood tests we paid for a private consultation and she was diagnosed in 10mins by pressing on various pressure points.

I had Lymes a couple of years ago. The test undertaken by the GP didn't show up any disease, but I hear they're not very accurate. Because of other health problems I was given the appropriate anti bios in any event and after about 2 months all my symptoms had gone. Ask your GP to prescribe anyway. At least that way you can rule out Lymes catagorically

Hope things improve

atb

Andrew

I had lymes just make sure if it is diagnosed that the doctor gives you the full course of anti biotics, i was only given ten days worth and had to go back three weeks later ,good luck with feeling better.

Similar thing happened to me got tested for lymes and nothing, then they found out it was polymyositis then I got tested for lymes and had it, been over 12 years now and still kanckered, had lymes twice and still got polymyositis, can't move so good pain everywhere and trying to stalk is a nightmare, every day is a struggle to survive mentally and physically, you need to be very tough mentally to get through these things. Oh and I was tested 4 times for lymes and only once did it show positive, but I had it for years, maybe still do, keep as active as you can and do not give in.

Hi somerled333,what medicine did they prescribe you and how does it help you,doc gave me amatriptaline the other day and they made me feel horrible,had irritable legs and hardly slept,I didn't take one last night and I dint feel quite as bad,polymyositis as also has been mentioned by my doc,its all beginning to worry me now,atb swaro

Last edited:
Back