partners may get say on sgc or fac's

Recipe for more potential hassle than you could shake a stick at!

What happens if the relationship breaks down, it's bad enough now but that could be used against the FAC holder for years to come.

Seriously bad news.

If they are going to that level of intrusion why not licence your partner as well? That would save all this nonsense about hiding your safe keys from them, and if your are really lucky they could clean your gun for you whilst you relax after your shooting trip. atb Tim

This issue is already accounted for under current FAC application regs with discretion in the hands of the Police Chief Constable. However, since current home office guidelines are not adhered to by UK constabularies, with 40 odd PCC's introducing their own versions of what they require, it's all a 'rats nest' anyway.
Once again, brain dead politicians are dreaming up more crap - rather than making the PCC's do their jobs properly.
After all, it is police investigative and issue failures that resulted in Ryan at Hungerford, Hamilton at Dunblane and now it seems also the Cumbrian laddie being given legal access to firearms.
Still, when have the scuffers paid attention to what ordinary people in the shooting community think.

load of tosh.

what really gets me are the comments from all the ignorant people..guns must be kept away from the home. gun owners should be shot. we're all evil and should burn in hell. game should be shot with bow and arrow and large game caught with snares.

LOL...dear god, do we really walk amongst these idiots, do we sit next to them on the bus, train, pass them on the street, bump into them in the store,,or are they in another part of the world,,,because I personally cannot believe my fellow man can say stupid **** like that!

This issue is already accounted for under current FAC application regs with discretion in the hands of the Police Chief Constable. However, since current home office guidelines are not adhered to by UK constabularies, with 40 odd PCC's introducing their own versions of what they require, it's all a 'rats nest' anyway.
Once again, brain dead politicians are dreaming up more crap - rather than making the PCC's do their jobs properly.
After all, it is police investigative and issue failures that resulted in Ryan at Hungerford, Hamilton at Dunblane and now it seems also the Cumbrian laddie being given legal access to firearms.
Still, when have the scuffers paid attention to what ordinary people in the shooting community think.
Well said :thumb: atb Tim

I think it's a fair proposal.... why shouldn't partners have a say in whether guns are kept in the house?

also mentions 'recent' partners. what if some ex partner who f'ing hates your guts told the police you were a danger and should not be considered fit for gun ownership, or an ex wife...then you're screwed for perhaps no reason.

If you already have two reliable and reputable sources who are willing to vouch for you as the official references then I don't see one bad apple being believed. Especially if you have a chat with your FEO and explain that said EX might bear a grudge, two official referees should over-rule an enraged EX.

I'm very lucky that even if we ever split up my current missus would never even think of doing something like this, so I suppose I'm biased in an optimistic sense.

Well six years ago when I applied, the FAO asked me to leave the room and asked the wife if she was happy with me keeping guns in the house.
Dont have an issue with that.

load of tosh.

what really gets me are the comments from all the ignorant people..guns must be kept away from the home. gun owners should be shot. we're all evil and should burn in hell. game should be shot with bow and arrow and large game caught with snares.

LOL...dear god, do we really walk amongst these idiots, do we sit next to them on the bus, train, pass them on the street, bump into them in the store,,or are they in another part of the world,,,because I personally cannot believe my fellow man can say stupid **** like that!

50% of people are dumber than average.... ;)

Bless them all but I personally would not like to be without mine, recommended reading (Men are from Mars & Women are from Venus).

A chap I new of lost his guns for 10 months because of his x wife she made up a story that he had hit her etc and the police took her word and she was a heavy drinker.

Well six years ago when I applied, the FAO asked me to leave the room and asked the wife if she was happy with me keeping guns in the house.
Dont have an issue with that.

If she had put the kibosh on it, would you still be married ?

Neil. :)

My ex wife tried to cause grief, and did a good job trying. I work with the military so the potential for having stuff a civvy normally never sees (part of the job) is there. And when she kicked me out I didn't have the kit with me at the time to take my cabinet out, two days later the police rocked up at work and took me away under caution, as apparently I had a cabinet full of SA80's, ammo, grenades etc, needless to say, there was nothing there that shouldn't have been. They knew it was 'curse of a woman scorned' and the matter was left there, it did come up on my application interview, and they are aware that ex's do like to stick the knife in and twist it.
It is a shame that ex's can be like this, I turned down a few farms to shoot over and passed them on as I didn't want to be in her area with firearms, just in case she happened to hear of/see me in the area and use her warped mind to stir up more imagined dirt

And if you don't actually have a Partner....? Not a crime to live alone as far as I know, and not the basis for refusing an FAC. If you going to have rules, they have to be even and enforceable.

Maybe time to order that Thai Bride I've been fancying all these years.

Chris

Back