Hants police apologise

Taff

BBC news lunch time, hants police apologise for long delays in issuing Certs 13000 back log. Blame on excess beurocracy , they say the backlog is now clear.

Last edited:
Is it now worth putting in a veriation then? Anyone got Thier ticket back now after a very long wait?

Perhaps if they were to spend less time nitpicking over trivia, used some commonsense and stopped trying to micromanage shooting activities they would never have had a problem to start with. They need to reflect on how the FLD has been run in recent years with particular attention to how it has been led. atb Tim

There is supposed to be an interview with them on BBC radio Solent tomorrow morning. Not sure of the time, but there is an fac holder also at the "discussion" who has been affected by the delays.

Could be worth a listen.

Let's hope it's not a lamb to the slughter. The way the BBC works I would not be suprised if it was an ambush on the poor guy.

Actually, it was on the radio this morning (got my dates mixed up)

This is the link to the show, not sure how far into the show it is and have not listened to it either.

There is also supposed to be something on south today this evening I think.

My dad phoned me up to ask when my renewal was. Bless him. "there's one hell of a backlog in Hampshire. You dont want to be without your licence it's against the law" he said. Yes it was this morning I am just trying to listen to it on I player but not on at the moment.

At our club on Tuesday one member has sent his back twice, for corrections, as in lever actions being down as bolt actions, ammo not matching firearms, forgot to put vermin control, but at least he got it back:rofl:

In all fairness to Hants FLD it takes a great deal of courage and it is a very rare event for any public sector organisation to acknowledge that they have got something wrong and apologise. Hopefully Hants FLD will now strive to become as user friendly as some other police FLD's. atb Tim

Hampshire Constabulary haspublicly apologised for delays in its firearms licensing service and says ithas made improvements. Hear an interview with Mike Eveleigh of the BASCfirearms team and Hampshire police on BBC Radio Solent this morning: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012y7dv The interview is 39 minutes into the programme. The linkwill be valid until about mid-morning on January 18[SUP]th[/SUP].

David

According to the Officer, the backlog has been cleared, but that backlog doesnt include new applications, if I understood what was being said correctly.

According to the Officer, the backlog has been cleared, but that backlog doesnt include new applications, if I understood what was being said correctly.
correct the backlog was just renewals, if you dig through the program there are various phone-ins giving the license owners point of view, all in all it seems like a good balanced program.

One of my club colleagues recently applied for a variation, it took around 2 weeks. atb Tim

Having just listened to the interview it was most enlightening to hear that Hants FLD has in the past been treating each application/renewal in a "risk averse" manner. This has gone a long way to explain the pettifogging nitpicking conditions to which I was subject some years ago, when I put in a simple request to vary my certificate to permit an introductory deer stalking trip with a rifle that I had possessed for more than 10 years. atb Tim

Perhaps if they were to spend less time nitpicking over trivia, used some commonsense and stopped trying to micromanage shooting activities they would never have had a problem to start with. They need to reflect on how the FLD has been run in recent years with particular attention to how it has been led. atb Tim

Kent must take the biscuit for trying to micromanage shooting activities, FEO passed my application but "back office" have thrown all manner of nitpicking queries back to him so now on hold.... peed off or what.
I wont bore you with details but next call will be BASC as I feel strongly about petty restrictions.

Cheers WB

Back