Heads Up to N. Wales members

Well, I paid a visit to the new shop today.
Seemed fairly well stocked, considering it's only been open a few weeks, and quite a nice atmosphere.
Helpful bloke. To a chap of my inexperience he seemed to know what he was talking about. Certainly knows his stuff re: balistics.
Clearly aiming to cater for stalkers, being a keen stalker himself.
Makes his own stocks and moderators for sale, and does repairs.
Intending to start a "reloading club", setting up a room with all the gear, bullets and powder so folk who can't afford presses etc but want to get into reloading can use the facilities there.
Also got a fair piece of ground not far away if anyone needs help with zeroing a rifle / scope they've bought off him.

Time will tell, of course, but I hope he makes a go of it 'cos it'll save me a big round trip for regular supplies of ammo etc.

Sounds good. I'll have to make sure I pop in when I'm next over that side of the mountains.

Sounds promising, will have a look in. We may finally have a shop aimed at rifle shooters worth supporting.

the local shops we have,mainly 1 in bangor has been for me a little hit and miss,pardon the pun.
Needed some bullet heads,primers,powder excellent choice, and got a few quid off as this is where i buy the majority of my gear,needed some cartridges before christmas, sweet F.A.
Be interested to know where this shop in Pwllheli is though, nice to see some fresh ideas in times when more and more business are going to the wall.

Malmo good to deal with called there last week on the way to the borders.They had what i wanted I have used them alot.Closed wednesday

PENDLE

Be interested to know where this shop in Pwllheli is though, nice to see some fresh ideas in times when more and more business are going to the wall.

Top end of the backroad behind the police station, a few doors down from the hardware shop.

Yes. Been in a couple of times. Might pop in and pick up my new rifle today. There's not a huge amount of stock yet as not been open long. Not sure if open all day on Saturdays. Maybe phone to cjeck hours first if travelling from Anglesry.

had a look around.like vss says not a huge amount of stock but only just opened.nice and friendly service i'll be going back no problem.
bought myself a new rifle slip a new reloading manual and some patches. would of stocked up on some reloading stuff if i had my ticket back!

hi mike i also live in anglesey.also served my time as a welder over 25years ago .nice red stag mate .

This is good news, I stopped using Ruthin after Jim left and never got to the Bangor shop before they came under the same ownership. For shotgun bits and pieces I go to Dyfnog Stud just off the Denbigh - Ruthin road not far from the Brookhouse. Gordon who runs it is a gentleman and has taken delivery of several rifles and shotguns for me and not charged a penny. He also sells shotgun ammo at fair prices, I paid £62 for 250 RC Sipes this season and if you buy more he'll discount. One guy buys 10,000 at a time from him. For shotgun repairs there's Peter Jones just outside Abergele who is a craftsman with real pride in his work, he's not fast but he's thorough. He refurbished a gun for me last year but because it developed a new fault when I used it for he first time he has taken it back and will not take a penny for the other work until he fixes the problem.

Last edited:
This is good news, I stopped using Ruthin after Jim left and never got to the Bangor shop before they came under the same ownership. For shotgun bits and pieces I go to Dyfnog Stud just off the Denbigh - Ruthin road not far from the Brookhouse. Gordon who runs it is a gentleman and has taken delivery of several rifles and shotguns for me and not charged a penny. He also sells shotgun ammo at fair prices, I paid £62 for 250 RC Sipes this season and if you buy more he'll discount. One guy buys 10,000 at a time from him. For shotgun repairs there's Peter Jones just outside Abergele who is
a craftsman with real pride in his work, he's not fast but he's thorough. He refurbished a gun for me last year but because it developed a new fault when I used it for he first time he has taken it back and will not take a penny for the other work until he fixes the problem.
that reminds me of a guy called Harold Faulkener, a real craftsman too & a gentleman to boot... he brought his daughter into the trade at his own bench.

Back