Old Pics

Paul 600

Found some old photos in the draw in the days before digital cameras!
oldpics.jpg

oldpics2.jpg

oldpics3.jpg

burntfeet.jpg

A few Roe, couple of Sika, Bole scoring from Sika, couple of broken feet and burnt feet of a Roe that I culled!

That's hardly ethical Deer Man! :evil:
Setting fire to the forest and then shooting them with that old musket as they run out with theit little feet 'on-fire' is just not sporting! :(
:lol:

Hi.
Rifle made by Geyger of Berlin on a Merkel hammerless ejector action with Krupp special steel barrels.
Calibre 7X65R [Rather like a rimmed .270 in performance.]
Regulated for the RWS 11.2 gramm Bleispitz bullet. [ 173gr Soft point.]

Scope, Zeiss Zeilsechs, steel, 6 power on claw mounts.

In the many years I had it I shot 5 species of Deer [but no CWD] here with it also Wild Goats in Scotland, and also a Chamois in the Austrian Alps in 1968.

HWH.

Things WERE different in the `60s , we treated wild creatures with more humanity and respect than this current generation.

My rifle was not a crappy Beretta, it was quality German manufacture.

HWH.

Another old pic.
1969 English DTL Championship, `The Referee Cup`, Class A .
Score 99/100 plus 24/25 in a `shoot-off`.
Browning O/U 12 Bore.

HWH.
hubert2010-1.jpg

Looks like a Browning A1, best gun ever made, I stupedly sold mine a few years back and replaced it with a Perrazi

Did you know my old "clay" mentors , Louis Stewart & Mick MacAulay , They would have been shooting at that level in the 60's and 70's

Correct `bs`, Browning A1, `Special Trap`, 30 inch , normal rib.
I too sold mine a few years ago when my Glaucoma screwed up my scores, not much fun only shooting 18/25 when you used to blast them all.
I made the England team in `70 and `71 and was `runner-up` for that same cup in `72 with a similar score.
An expensive divorce in `74 terminated my serious clay shooting though.

Louis Stewart was a famous name at that time but I did not know him but I was very friendly with Tom Brockie another Scottish legend.

HWH.

Gents

Some very nice old Pics indeed & thanks for the post about "Vasti" HWH, I too had a nasty experiance with the Wood Dog last month on some of my ground when one of my stalkers shot a deer which then went to wood over the boundary on next door.

It was half an hour before dark & we have permission to recover (as do they on our side) & we followed Woody into a maize of rhodies & deer runs only to have him find the buck for us & then bugger off.

It then took a further hour in the dark to find our way out even with the use of powerful torches due to the dense vegitation & Woody was still AWAL.

I hiked it kack to the car & it was now 11.30PM, I just did not know how I was going to explain to the wife about the loss of the Wood Dog!

Earlier in the evening I too had shot a buck about a mile away on the other side of the estate & I had to drive round to pick up my body which was already field dressed & hanging next to the highseat it was shot from, as I approached the seat in the car I saw a pair of eyes in the full beam & there was Woody sitting next to the seat & deer waiting for me, I guess he too had got lost found his way out & just thought he would report for duty back at his last post!

I have never been so pleased to see him & I now have one of those flashing beacon things to hang on a tree should I ever choose to follow one in to the woods in the dark again-just so I know the direction to get back our in future! :D

Regs Lee

stag1933 said:
Correct `bs`, Browning A1, `Special Trap`, 30 inch , normal rib.
I too sold mine a few years ago when my Glaucoma screwed up my scores, not much fun only shooting 18/25 when you used to blast them all.
I made the England team in `70 and `71 and was `runner-up` for that same cup in `72 with a similar score.
An expensive divorce in `74 terminated my serious clay shooting though.

Louis Stewart was a famous name at that time but I did not know him but I was very friendly with Tom Brockie another Scottish legend.

HWH.

I had the wide rib, my old man still has a game model.

I shot in the Scottish Team snr & jnr from 86 to 90

I only shoot dtl 3-4 times a year now, keep meaning to get back into it.

Sold the Perrazi and now use a Miroku which is ok but reinforces the old saying "if it aint broke dont fix it"

I was lucky to not only shoot with Louis but also worked with him in the old "Red Deer Commission", he's one of lifes real characters and a bloody talented sportsman in his day.

deer man said:
Think I should have posted in the scrap book section?

It has took me this long to stop laughing.

It was bad enough that you have a 6.5 x 55 and use Barnes X but didn't know you had a Stutzen,you have now confirmed you are a cowboy!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back