snowy fallow buck

Hi Guys

just a quick write up i went stalking this morning in lovely snowy conditions, im going to let the pictures tell the story but in short hand english the fallow where everywhere.
but mainly showing at the very bottom of a very very steep valley , you guessed it i shot a fallow buck right at the bottom of the valley :eek::eek::eek:
it took 1 and a half hours to get it out the valley even with a quad :eek::eek::eek:.

i will never forget this morning what a ballache off a extraction but on the other hand a lovely morning to be out and about, i feel very privileged to have this ground so close to home.

ATB

DaveView attachment 23680View attachment 23681View attachment 23682View attachment 23683View attachment 23684View attachment 23685View attachment 23686View attachment 23687View attachment 23688

Last edited:
I thought the AA say not to make any unnecessary journeys:D. Nice Buck and a great morning to be out. ATB

Well done Dave,I take it thats the same valley you have had a few foxes from.
I suppose you realise you only saw deer because, I didnt come with you.

Nice write up mate. I had a couple this morning on a new bit of ground I've picked up my self I love stalking in the snow. Luckily We have a 4x4 muel to collect them on still kept me warm.

Well done Dave,I take it thats the same valley you have had a few foxes from.
I suppose you realise you only saw deer because, I didnt come with you.

tone if you would of come we would of seen bugger all :lol::lol::lol:

yes mate its that big valley to the left of the drive i shoot the foxes in, it had deer everywhere in it mainly because its got a stream running though it that does not freeze and deer need a drink dont they ;);)

I would like a quad and some fallow stalking,it is a big looking beast,what sort of weight would the carcase be

I've carried 3 roe doe's the rifle and binos easily 1 mile uphill across wet ploughed fields having to get over gates and a v ditch after doing 3 trips out and back 200 yds to retrieve the 3 doe's and gralloching,weighed them in the next morning,125lb between them,kinell that was the hardest physical thing I've ever done and won't be doing it again :doh:

Nice one Dave.

I had one in the snow yesterday morning luckily I got the quad within 15 yards :D

Atb

Wayne

DSC01699_zps45acbcca.jpg

Back