hornady feeding problems

mickjgardner

I have a browning xbolt in 223 and it seems the last lot of hornady ammo i bought is reall hard to get the bolt down on.Works ok on other ammo,just wondered if anyone else has had this with ammo

My parter has a xbolt a few months ago she had the same problem she got the chamber cleaned at a gunsmith it was full of cooper. It works great now.

Kevin

I'm not saying anything about typos.:oops:

Seriously though and getting back to the original question it's possibly just a tight chamber and rounds that at the maximum of accepted tolerances for the manufacturer. A mate had a similar problem with a BSA CF2 some years ago. They just wouldn't chamber in his rifle but would in other rifles of the same calibre. He just had to use different ammunition.

Last edited:
I have a browning xbolt in 223 and it seems the last lot of hornady ammo i bought is reall hard to get the bolt down on.Works ok on other ammo,just wondered if anyone else has had this with ammo

This problem should never occur, but I had it with PPU and a Sako 75.

Chamber a few of the rounds in your rifle (in a safe place, naturally), then have a look on the shoulder area on the cartridges. You will probably see bright areas where the tarnish is removed. If so, what you've got it ammunition with a headspace slightly longer than it should be compared to the headspace of your rifle's chamber (or vice versa, your camber is a touch too short).

Take the ammunition back to the dealer where you bought it and get it changed for a different brand or batch. Make sure that the new ammunition chambers properly (i.e. have the dealer chamber a few rounds).

--JMS

Back