L2 Question. What to carry on Assesment Day.

Buckbones

So I've got the start of my L2 assessment at the end of February and although I think I'm ready with all aspects of shooting, gutting and dressing. It is the little thing which ill fall down on.
I carry as little as possible when stalking.
Binos, gun, stick and bum bag. Which contains knife, gloves, wipes, drag rope, phone, ammo and FAC.

So my question is.
Apart from the above is there anything I'm missing I should have with me or in my bag.

Andrew.

You'll need a shovel to bury the grollach at least a metre deep or some sealable bags to remove it from site of course :)

Sounds like you have it about right.
Imagine being asked the question at the end of your stalk 'What would be the minimum you would take with you for a non hill stalk?'

Tony

camera for the photos to stick in your portfolio and a kitchen roll for wiping out plus a head torch, good luck with your level2 enjoy it dont worry about it:thumb:

Drinking water.

Not much fun dragging a deer for half a mile or more when you are dehydrating, and always useful for rinsing your tools/hands.

Kitchen sink, portable chiller in case you take to long to get back to the main chiller, satallite phone and emergency beacon. On a serious note if most of you carry all the equipment mentioned it no wonder it takes a average of three stalks to get a deer.:D

Try carrying a smile and a sence of humour...

Its a long day or a miserable experience for both if one or the others got a grump on...

12-gauge auto-loader
.45 long slide, with laser sighting
Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range
Uzi nine millimetre

Sorry I'll get me coat :(

12-gauge auto-loader
.45 long slide, with laser sighting
Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range
Uzi nine millimetre

Sorry I'll get me coat :(

Sherman tank. 75mm gun fill the shells with paint.Enjoy the pretty pictures!
Oddball.

Back