Thread: This afternoons munties......

This afternoons munties......

Attachment 23802Thought my afternoon would be far better spent in pursuit of deer rather than work, funny that......shot 2 nice little bucks, the second of which is the second biggest I've ever had, very pleased although not a medal, also bumped a herd of 36 red hinds and calves but sadly didn't get a chance at any of them which was my actual reason for heading out! Still, chuffed with the munties, plus also got a very old dog fox to throw into the mix, then on the way back to the truck, added o the bag with a munty doe as well. I can go months without shooting any muties on this patch and then 3 in one session. Happy days!

Well done mate
    im out for muntjac in the morning and cwd in the afternoon and I'm looking forward to the Munties in the snow
    Regards andy

Nr Newport (shrops)
    well done nice bucks

Couple of nice bucks you managed there, well done!

The buck on the right can't be far off a medal surely?

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it." Agatha Christie

I thought so initially, but only one of the antlers has a brow tine, and there would be points lost due to lack of symetry, I have caped him though as he is the second largest I've had, the other being a gold medal, but back then I neither had the money, space, or accomodating woman to accept a mounted head in the house so it is boiled out as a skull mount, kinda fancy a nice munty buck for the wall though, I'll be sending him off to Clare Fowler at some point I'm sure!