Wedding Venue help!!

Pheasant Feeder

Gents

Having been with the Miss Pheasant Feeder for nearly 12 years she has finally convinced me that we should finally get married.

We, she has decided that she would like to get married in Scotland possibly in a castle or stately home, with a small group of close friends and family. Then having a larger night do back home for everyone else.

Having looked on t'internet I've seen the odd one or two possibilities but many more have been beyond our budget ( I am a Yorkshire man after all!)

We are open to mid week, and out of season and would be more than happy to go with a family run house, kind of country house rescue, but it must be reasonably priced.

So its over to the SD members for your suggestions.

Congratulations!

Just thinking outside the box for a minute.....does it have to be Scotland?

Have a look at Holkham Hall and Estate - North Norfolk, England , shameless plug but I am a trade member!

If you think we can help in any way just drop me an email to game @ holkham.co.uk and i'll put you in touch with the right person on the estate.

Best wishes,
Glyn.

we just got married in september we did gretna and we were going to do a castle just out side dumfries but we ran out of budget but it can be done congrats on doing it it did take us 8 yrs as well lol

adrian

Why not tie the knot in Yorkshire being a Yorkshire lad. Whitbey abbeys nice. Lovely sea views and fully air conditioned.

Ardanaseig House Argyllshire, near Taynuilt, Altskeith House near Aberfoyle, or why not try Mingarry Park near Acharacle? You could even fit in some stalking with John MacDonald for your "stag do".

Gents

Having been with the Miss Pheasant Feeder for nearly 12 years she has finally convinced me that we should finally get married.

We, she has decided that she would like to get married in Scotland possibly in a castle or stately home, with a small group of close friends and family. Then having a larger night do back home for everyone else.

Having looked on t'internet I've seen the odd one or two possibilities but many more have been beyond our budget ( I am a Yorkshire man after all!)

We are open to mid week, and out of season and would be more than happy to go with a family run house, kind of country house rescue, but it must be reasonably priced.

Cameron house hotel loch lomond .

But if you really want to float her boat (once in a life time ) the Seychelles ,stuff everyone else ,it's not as if you've not been practicing long enough .

Friends were married in Dalhousie Castle. Just a few miles south of Edinburgh and absolutley stunning.

A stunning location and I believe the Queen used to park Brittania in the bay and come ashore for picnics. Used for plenty of parties and weddings. Room for a marquee as well if needed.

Log Cabin Ravensheugh

Lots of weddings take place in the grounds at Sweetheart Abbey here in the village , read up on the history of the name
Mabie house is a nice hotel 3 miles away for a bit to eat and drinks

Save yourself a bloody fortune and get it done in a registry office!
Then take your family and friends to a pub for a meal, we did, still married 27 years on.
(perhaps Devonians are tighter than Yorkshiremen?:rofl:)
Cheers
Richard

Back