Question re: Harris 12-25

Eric the Red

I've finally succumbed and purchased one of the above as I like the idea of the three stage leg, meaning that it is more compact and usable on first extension than some of the other products on the market that only have two stage extension.
It's just arrived and on the bottom section each leg has a 'stop' mounted that looks like it prevents the leg from closing right up - I reckon there's another two inches of closure, which would get it even more compact. I need the longer pod as if I'm not shooting of the truck (short bipod needed), I'm on my R's over the heather and bracken (long bipod needed).

So my question is - anyone else seen this and can the stops be removed (easily), without compromising the bipod - and if so, how?

Eric

Looking at the harris bi pod site http://www.harrisbipods.com/ sounds like you describe the HB25C 13 1/2" - 27" with the extra length. I've got one and when i looked at another stalkers bi pod i had the same train of thought as you. have a look at the link and see the difference between the 25 models.

should this be the case then you will have to live with the design of the your bi pod.

hope this helps.

ATB

Tam

Eric

Looking at the harris bi pod site http://www.harrisbipods.com/ sounds like you describe the HB25C 13 1/2" - 27" with the extra length. I've got one and when i looked at another stalkers bi pod i had the same train of thought as you. have a look at the link and see the difference between the 25 models.

should this be the case then you will have to live with the design of the your bi pod.

hope this helps.

ATB

Tam

Thanks Tam - I should have known better than to trust that I would be sent the bipod I actually ordered.......DOH!! It does feel liek there's a pin in that stop - so I might just have to see if there's a way of taking it out......

Had the same problem in the past and tried to remove the pin without success. I sold it and bought a 12-25, I find it far more versatile for my needs.

Eric

best of luck, having read the other posts it rings true that it can be too long for most prone shots, can see me also getting the other model.

Cheers

Tam

Back