multiply sales

neil the plumber

Morning all, just thought i'd ask before phoning the firearms office and sounding like a chump.
Looking to thin out my collection and have a bit of a change around, which will mean the sale of about five or six firearms. the easy way would be to drop the off lot to a local RFD, but be charged for storage etc. The other would be to sell them privately, but here is where the question arises. What I would like to do is start and sell them without the need to return the licence within the seven days, just the transaction paperwork. Then once they've all gone, within an agreed time, send in the licence with the relevant one for ones/variations, thus reducing the need for my licence to go backwards and forwards with the time delay in between.
Does anybody know if this can be done/ has been done, or not worth doing.

Hope i've explained myself,
Many thanks Neil

Crikey, I never send my licence back when I dispose of a firearm - I just email a notification to the firearms dept, and a photocopy of my licence with a line drawn through the relevant entry... they seem fine with it as I guess they've got better things to do with their time than waste it reprinting licences :)

Makes sense, IF you can arrange to have all the potential buyers arrive/have the guns sent RFD-RFD within a one or two day window...possibly over a weekend, or given your location, at one of the Brum Arms Fairs, etc.

You MAY also be able to lodge the ones being sent by RFD on the same day & then the RFD gives you a receipt...it'd then be a case of that RFD waiting for the receipents RFDs paperwork, you'd have done your part of the paperwork already...

Good luck with it

Email your firearms department and explain what you intend to do and ask them if they will allow you to delay applying for a 1-4-1 so as to save them work. I did this recently and they allowed me sufficient time to dispose of several guns seperatly and only make one multiple application for 1-4-1 variations.

Hi Neil. My force (Warwickshire) have a form which can be down loaded from the net. All you need to do is tell them of the disposal/purchase within 7 days. Giving details of the weapon and the other party along with your details. It is highlighted in BOLD that "YOUR CERTIFICATE IS NOT REQUIRED".

Hi Neil. My force (Warwickshire) have a form which can be down loaded from the net. All you need to do is tell them of the disposal/purchase within 7 days. Giving details of the weapon and the other party along with your details. It is highlighted in BOLD that "YOUR CERTIFICATE IS NOT REQUIRED".

Woodmaster I may have misunderstood but I think neil was more concerned with retaining the ability to apply for free one for one variations for which there is a time limit rather than just the notification process.

Complete the variation form requesting the calibers you wish to acquire and enclose a covering letter explaining that you will be disposing of x, y, z calibers and request that a section 7 permit be issued for the calibers you intend to sell. The S7 permit will authorise you to hold/possess the calibers you intend to sell thereby giving you time to sell them. This will qualify for a one for one, free of charge variation.

Back