Not Quite A Black Fox But The Darkest One I Have Seen.

wayneinthepub

We went out on Wednesday night for a look at four different farms. It was a good night and we managed to bag a fox at every farm we went too so we where happy and so where the farmers.

But it was the fox at the third farm that we went to that was a little unusual, we spotted it at the side of a cover strip and it disappeared to start with but a little squeak on the hand and it showed itself again long enough for a shot.

We went to pick it and once we had found it was quite shocked at how dark it was, I have seen pictures in the news of pure black foxes this is clearly not one of them but was still very dark with very little white on it.

Just thought I would share a few photos with you and see if any one else has had any very dark coloured foxes.

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

Wayne :lol:

Well I've never seen a fox with that colouration before! At least it stood out well against the white background!! :D

Lets not even get started with multiple shots shall we, I have seen you empty a full magazine (10 shots) and still not get the rabbit..........:gheyfight:

Errrr, it was running

And zig zagging.

Towards me

Fast

Unlike a fox at that is sat.............

:rofl:

Lets not even get started with multiple shots shall we, I have seen you empty a full magazine (10 shots) and still not get the rabbit..........:gheyfight:

:rofl:

Never seen one in that colouration before - and seen two black one's before so I reckon yours must be rarer! :)

being from Doncaster,

it looks like its been duwn pit lad,.

has it been down bentley/armthorpe pit, can't have been down broadsworth its been shut for years,

nice shot bud.

bob.

Back when l was a keeper saw a completly black dog fox with a normal vixen 1 morning could not get a shot at either, never saw the black one ever again, loved to have got him just for the coat.

Well done - I have a very similar one to that in my freezer, waiting for the day I can afford to take it to a taxidermist!

Well done boys, next time remember my invite won't ya!!!

Wayne 3 shots is not to be embarressed about... just ask john lol

Back